Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Stadium bench authentication

I have a wood bench from soldiers field. It was taken out in the renovation of 1978 when the bleacher seating was replaced with stadium seating. It was given to me by a friend who was working on the project. I’m looking to have some authentication done but have had a lot of trouble finding anyone who does this kind of authentication. I’m not looking to sell it but would like the paperwork for myself. Does anyone know of any companies who authenticate this type of sports memorabilia? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Js

Welcome!

Have no idea. Have never heard of an actual authenticator of seats?

I would hit the net for sellers of stadium seats.

Here's an e.g. - LINK

People who deal in seats will be a good source of information.

Just out of curiosity? Do you have a pic of the seat?

Mike
  • Options

I’ve tried to post a pic of the bench but it’s waiting for approval

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2019 5:36PM

Try typing a few words, then uploading the pics. Sometimes I have to type a few words then upload the picture.

Example:

Iwo Jima flag raising

• Options

Let’s see if this works! Here are the photos of the bench:

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be darned. I think I just helped someone. I'll have to show this thread to my wife. "See dear, I can be helpful to others, I can do other things besides change the batteries in the remote."

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2019 7:20AM

I just checked on the history of Soldier Field and got this:

1922 – 1928 - The stadium was constructed by the South Park Commission (which later merged with other park commissions to become the Chicago Park District in 1934.) Soldier Field is a monument to the times and great sports places typical of the “Golden Age of Sports” and is one of few such stadiums still standing. Soldier Field was built in three stages between 1922 and 1939 at a total cost $13 million.

Soldier Field, when completed, contained 74,280 permanent bleacher seats made of fir planking. An additional 30,000 spectator temporary bleacher seats could be placed along the interior of the field, upper promenades and on the large open terrace beyond the north end zone.

I also saw where there was a section 141 in that stadium.

I still stick with getting with one of the 'big' sellers of stadium seats - they'll have more info for sure.

Had no idea this was built with bleachers only - originally.

Mike
  • Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

You could start with photo matching. Shouldn't be too hard. Looks legit to me.

• Options
    Bearkat21Bearkat21 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

You can reach out to the PROVA Group. Not sure if they will do this kind of stuff but it's work asking. I know they authenticate game used items.

https://provagroup.com