Why was Jason Bradford suspended by PNG?

I heard that Jason Bradford was suspended by the Professional Numismatic Guild.

Anyone know the specifics of why?

Is the PNG even relevant?

Comments

• gsalexgsalex Posts: 184 ✭✭

There really was no information as to why in the news release put out by the PNG. And the full PNG Board has yet to vote on the matter. Probably better to wait for the full story to come out than to hazard a guess.

Intrigued by all things intaglio.
  • TomthecoinguyTomthecoinguy Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Doesn't seem right that they would tarnish someone's reputation and not have any info out about why. He was not suspended quietly, it was all over my news feed and a couple different numismatic publications had articles posted.

Has anyone had issues with Jason Bradford or his Legacy Currency grading, or maybe issues with the PCGS Currency change?

Seems if there where wide spread issues someone on the board would have started a thread to complain.

• The other forum has been filled to the brim with wide-spread issues about Bradford, Legacy and PCGS-C for months. I don't feel as though this article is coming out of the blue -- however, this board seems to be quieter in terms of complaints, and definitely seems to have less trolls.

I'm guessing the reasons for his suspension may remain internal to the PNG, as to not tarnish him -- but the fact that they released the article inherently tarnishes him, so it's unclear why they're letting the cat halfway out the bag.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 6,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any resolution?

• goldengolden Posts: 5,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

The board will probably meet and vote at the ANA in Chicago.

• I cannot reach Jason or his staff by either email or cell phone. Are they out of business?

• Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭

@daverickey said:
    I cannot reach Jason or his staff by either email or cell phone. Are they out of business?

Were they really ever in business is the question.

Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always found PCGS-c strict and accurate in grading, I have no idea how the de-licensing is affecting the market; competition is healthy.

He is still a member of PCDA. That doesn't necessarily mean a lot, as they tend to circle the wagons when members are complained about.