Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Guess the Grade: 1964 Topps Giants Hank Aaron Edition

I don’t have any experience with grading anything from this issue. Grade recently popped and was a little surprising to me. Wanted to see what some the experts thought.

-Collecting anything vintage

Comments

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2019 7:27AM

Are the scuffs around his ear on the scanner or card? In my experience, there's a lot more surface and edge area with the oversize issues and surface seems to be where most misses are in grading expectations. Edges look fine, but there appears to be at least one surface wrinkle so I'm going to guess a 5.

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    JimMeantJimMeant Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Are the scuffs around his ear on the scanner or card? In my experience, there's a lot more surface and edge area with the oversize issues and surface seems to be where most misses are in grading expectations. Edges look fine, but there appears to be at least one surface wrinkle so I'm going to guess a 5.

No creases or wrinkles on the card

-Collecting anything vintage
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimMeant said:

@LarkinCollector said:

No creases or wrinkles on the card

It may just be the scanner, but it looks like all kinds of ripples in the paper in the sky below his right chin, scratches on his left cheek and ear and a small wrinkle in the sky below his left ear. Bottom right corner is a bit soft, too.