Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What are the chances?

morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems sketchy, might be legitimate, it's possible these wax packs exist unopened and untampered with.
How do you keep the temptation in check? I would have to go through these, I couldn't resist, to much upside potential.
What would you do?

Not affiliated with the listing in anyway.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1986-87-Fleer-Basketball-Wax-Pack-From-Full-Box-Barkley-Jordan-Rookie-RC/163752448374?hash=item2620681176:g:DxgAAOSw3BJcOtL5

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're resealed junk.

Packs are being sold as searched/tampered/opened/resealed/altered or whatever other word that describes them as such and would not be eligible for professional grading do to probably return back to you as graded tampered by psa. so please consider this carefully before buying as these are being sold as-is with no refunds.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw that, I thought he was referring to what other sellers are doing. I'm assuming it's not difficult to reseal a wax pack of cards.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, he's referring to what he's done. It's not difficult to reseal, but very difficult to make it look like a factory seal. Several are pretty obvious even without closeups of the corners or any pic of the backs.

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I love it when people say in their ads "as is, no returns" like they have a choice. If you buy something on ebay, all you have to do is hit the "return this item" button and it is an automatic return whether you accept returns or not.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    Seems sketchy, might be legitimate, it's possible these wax packs exist unopened and untampered with.
    How do you keep the temptation in check? I would have to go through these, I couldn't resist, to much upside potential.
    What would you do?

Not affiliated with the listing in anyway.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1986-87-Fleer-Basketball-Wax-Pack-From-Full-Box-Barkley-Jordan-Rookie-RC/163752448374?hash=item2620681176:g:DxgAAOSw3BJcOtL5

<<< Packs are being sold as searched/tampered/opened/resealed/altered or whatever other word that describes them as such and would not be eligible for professional grading do to probably return back to you as graded tampered by psa. so please consider this carefully before buying as these are being sold as-is with no refunds. >>>

The seller has already plead guilty.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

It enrages me that I passed over those cards for 1986 Baseball and Football. I literally remember boxes of them on the shelves at the local Richdale back in ‘86 and not even giving them a second thought. 🤮🤬😩😫😖

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and there is ZERO chance these packs are legit unopened

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    It enrages me that I passed over those cards for 1986 Baseball and Football. I literally remember boxes of them on the shelves at the local Richdale back in ‘86 and not even giving them a second thought. 🤮🤬😩😫😖

I know for sure I peeled off the sticker and stuck it on the wall of my bedroom, big mistake :(