Home Precious Metals
Options

Ray Dalio says buy gold

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2019 1:02PM

Ray shoulda been telling you to buy gold at sub $1250 over the past year.

derry says now is the time to buy silver.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

...and Zubie went all in on physical at $14-15 and USLV at $58!!! I think this is still just the beginning!?!?

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure who this dalio is but he's a bit late to the party.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Not sure who this dalio is but he's a bit late to the party.

I don’t think so .

He missed the dump from1900 to 1150

Probably watching the 5 year chart breakout

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was spoiled for too long with low gold prices. Not buying at these levels unless I have eBay bucks or a deep discount. Gonna be in a holding pattern on gold bullion for now. Maybe stock up on some constitutional silver in the mean time.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. ;)

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm basing my opinion on intuition only. I think the breakout for silver will be around $35, and for gold around $1,800. Until then, baby steps.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask dust your phone off! ;)

As I posted in the other gold thread on the US coins sub, any show can find any pundit to give advice one way or another. While I think that Gold/Silver has bottomed out as we reach the tail end of this crazy bull market, perform your own analysis and use your critical thinking...don't trust these paid talking heads.....

• Options

@jmski52 said:
    I'm basing my opinion on intuition only. I think the breakout for silver will be around $35, and for gold around $1,800. Until then, baby steps.

So after it goes up 150% it will be a breakout?

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:

Like a prison break. :D

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over very long periods of time, I expect that gold will continue to pretty much track inflation. As such, it is perhaps a store of value(ignoring taxes), but is not much of an investment.

If you have an uncanny ability to assess social and political trends, and are a bit lucky as well, you may make money by market timing.

Higashiyama
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still think silver is a buy... Any price under $20oz

• Options

@asheland said:

I agree, but, my personal price was $18. The way its going, we may see that by the end of summer!!!

Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

Or, they could just dig more
    out of the ground for $11

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

Gold, silver and the miners breaking out!!!

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, cnn just announced the chances of the fed dropping the interest rates by a full .5 percent instead of .25 percent is now 60 percent. the news took gold from negative to positive 11 dollars

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold now up 18, 1,446, it's another great day

• Options

Did I stutter?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

Did I stutter?

Just making sure not to misinterpret your musings.

Did Dalio ever mention a target price?

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver has headwinds. Why are so many people hoping to see silver rise? They want to unload all that silver they bought in the $20-$48 range back in 2010-2012.

• Options
    edited July 21, 2019 7:47AM

Silver is a small market, and the main idea is that it won't take a huge shift in overall investor sentiment to move the price in a big way.

The bond market is absolutely huge in comparison, and paradoxically the bond market - although it is the cornerstone of all investment and finance, based on the time value of money - has already proven itself to be a sham that is based only on an unsustainable debt bubble that's been out of control for a very long time. A massive sham/scam, operating for the benefit of the banks and the politicians - no one else.

Why support a sham/scam with your money? Your retirement funds are going to be subject to negative interest at some point in the future. You will be paying the bankers to "hold" your money, to create more bogus derivatives, to continue creating a smokescreen while pilfering your accounts the entire time. It's counterproductive at its core to allow the banks to play with your money and then bill you for doing it. Martin Armstrong points this out. What do you think will happen to the money in these investment funds as retirees on fixed incomes see that happening? Just asking.

It's not a question of wanting to see the price of silver and gold rise. The only people who want silver to spike are the same ones who NEED to see silver rise - and are the same ones who shouldn't have been speculating in silver in the first place.

They would be the ones who jumped in all at once, hoping for a big kill, instead of figuring out an overall plan and then working that plan over time. Call me crazy, but you've got to have some understanding of what you are doing. :)

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe some will like this blogspot (Mentions Dalio and his gold buy recommendation).

http://gold-stater.blogspot.com/2019/07/gold-and-complacency-bubble.html

• Options
    edited July 22, 2019 5:48AM

When the first thing that comes out of a person's head is the accusation of the "r" word, they need to be discounted immediately.

Generally speaking, when someone does that they are projecting their own psychological biases.

What a crock of crap.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

That piece did not have to include the writers political bias IMO.

It's all about what the people want...