Home Q & A Forum
Options

?? Lincoln ??

BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

I'm still a rookie but I'm getting there in some areas but I know nothing about errors. Are these mint errors or something done after minting and what is it?

Weird there both 55 S and error in same spot.

This is a 1919 and its like the I was completely removed from the die.
Are these common errors? Thanks for the feedback.

COOKIES!

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not uncommon on Lincoln cents, typically called a BIE die break. The missing I could be grease fill. :)

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

BIE

“BIE die break
    This is a sub-category of the die break affecting the letters of LIBERTY on the Lincoln cent. Technically, only a die break between BE of LIBERTY qualifies as a BIE. Generically speaking, however, a die break between any of the letters of LIBERTY qualifies. This variety was termed the “BIE” because that is where the vast majority of die breaks occur. This area of collecting was again the rage in the 1960s, but waned when the obverse die was modified and there were fewer specimens to collect. However, recent years have seen a new crop of this variety showing up and an increased interest.”

https://conecaonline.org/glossary-of-error-variety-terms/

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's worth saving it in a flip, note the error, and the hunt continues. Plenty of minor errors to find. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

Like @Namvet69 says the hunt continues. Well the hunt is what kept me collecting in the first place. Thanks all.

COOKIES!