Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FS: 1992-D 1C Close AM FS-901, RD MS64RD

I have a MS64RD 1992–D Close AM Lincoln Cent.

Population 2 (Total: 8)
Pop Higher 2 (Total: 5)
PCGS Price GuideSM Value: $5,250

My price $5,200 or Make an Offer, you never know

I am looking to sell this coin. It’s a coin that Lincoln or rare coin collectors shouldn’t be without. And with how many are even in existence it’s not too often they come along. IMO, yeah, m It’s a modern coin but it’s up there on the list of the modern rare coins to own. Trying to see what offers I may get on here or ewe I may put on eBay or in Heritage if the offers aren’t high/close enough on here to what I’d like to get out of it.

Make an offer if interested.. ya never know

Comments

• burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2019 3:19PM

I'm curious why the PCGS on-line cert doesn't pull up?

Maybe "ya never know"...

• gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burfle23 said:
    I'm curious why the PCGS on-line cert doesn't pull up?

Maybe "ya never know"...

You must have mistyped the number.

• ffcoinsffcoins Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Same for me

edited July 17, 2019 5:48PM

Looks like ffcoins and I got the same thing...

It works for me. Go to the settings in the app and clear history and try again.

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

It worked for me.

I was using a browser. Is it working in the app but not the browser?

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

New member, low post count, problems with the cert verification... Perhaps it would be best to add a couple of photos of the coin in the slab. These babies used to go for 5 figures in that condition, so this could be a good deal for someone. Best to put prospective buyers at ease with some additional pics/references. Good luck

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

edited July 18, 2019 5:01AM

Not sure what "app" you are using but I get the same result on my phone, "the certification number was not found". For those who can see it on your phones can you see it on CoinFacts as well?
    OK, UPDATE- I installed the PCGS app on my phone and get "Invalid Cert Number"...

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO a coin like this would be better to consign at GC or HA.
    FWIW I can't get the cert to pull up either.

Collector, occasional seller

PCGS pulled the cert.

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burfle23 said:
    PCGS pulled the cert.

Why would they do that?
    And where did the seller go??

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at the seams on the right side of the obverse of the coin. Looks a lot like the ones in the youtube video i watched.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

@privatecoin said:
    Look at the seams on the right side of the obverse of the coin. Looks a lot like the ones in the youtube video i watched.

We must have seen the same video- posted on a FB group page I am in.

@privatecoin said:

Can you clarify? Is the coin pieced together from two different cents?
    Pcgs has removed it and the pop report has changed to 1 now.

• The coin was sent back to PCGS to check it to make sure it was real, but it is authentic. It was reholdered with a new cert number

37155189 is the new Cert number

Good news; that is actually the same cert number from your original post.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2C2Numismatists said:
    The coin was sent back to PCGS to check it to make sure it was real, but it is authentic. It was reholdered with a new cert number

37155189 is the new Cert number

Cert pulls up for me now

Collector, occasional seller

It is the same number but it pulls up for me now too

• MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Pictures of the actual slab, next to a piece of paper with today's date and your username would help alleviate some concerns.

• It was Shipped yesterday I believe, or will be today. I’ll happily do whatever you’d like me to to prove it, when I receive it back that is, lol.

• And Chris H, I’m a Chris H, too. Lol

I picked it up from the post office today. I would have gone a few days ago but it’s a little drive for me and my AC doesn’t work. Being in AZ thats no good. Once I sell this I will get a new STi longblock with AC. So if anybody on here is interested LMK, or to Heritage it will go. I’ll probably do the Heritage way in about 2-3 days if nobody wants to offer enough on here. I’ve never sold through heritage so I need to research what all I need to do.

I’ll take a pic of the coin with my username and date when I get home. Is there anything I should black out to avoid helping counterfeiters from using my numbers or info? I can even post both the original grading paperwork and the reinspection of it as well if you’d like. Both gradings received MS64RD.

With that being said, BUMP