Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Post your Game-Used Lineup Cards

I'm new here, but saw that there are a few people here who collect, or have in their collection, game-used lineup cards.

I'd love to see what's out there.

Will post a few of mine in a bit.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know I've seen @Ironmanfan post some as part of his Ripken family collection, but couldn't find them easily via search.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to seeing what you have Jeff.

I don't collect them - only have 1.

My experience here has been that the preponderance of contributors are card collectors - tho they do/will appreciate what your post.

Mike
  • Options
    TopnotchsyTopnotchsy Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019 5:39PM

I thought I had posted, but I got a message saying it needed to be approved and not sure what happened since, so trying again.

@LarkinCollector said:
    I know I've seen @Ironmanfan post some as part of his Ripken family collection, but couldn't find them easily via search.

Thanks!

I have that a Ripken fan would appreciate. Couple of carbon copies from his rookie season (4th game of streak and one from a couple of months later) along with one from the 10th anniversary of his streak beginning, signed by Cal, LaRussa and others (pictured below)

@Stone193 said:
    Looking forward to seeing what you have Jeff.

I don't collect them - only have 1.

My experience here has been that the preponderance of contributors are card collectors - tho they do/will appreciate what your post.

Yours is awesome! Definitely post it, so I'm not the only one (and because it is sick!)

Here are a few of mine:

• Brett 3000th hit
    • Glavine 1st career win
    • Niekro 300th win
    • Ripken 10th anniversary of beginning of streak
    • Lineup with Ernie Banks in his rookie season

• Options

Red Sox SLU

Sep 2, 1953 (Wed) @ Detroit

Sox won 5-2; WP: Parnell; Williams went 1/3 with 1 RBI, Piersall 2/3 and Kell 0/3

Here ya go Jeff.

I assume you mean Brett's 3000th hit?

Back when he did this - the umps took balls that were either game used or game ready - had PSA/DNA authenticate and sold on the net.

Mine is also signed by Brett - I was surprised how cheap it went - thought it would go for way more dough - I paid under 100 bucks.

Mike
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2019 5:47PM

@Stone193 said:

Red Sox SLU

Sep 2, 1953 (Wed) @ Detroit

Sox won 5-2; WP: Parnell; Williams went 1/3 with 1 RBI, Piersall 2/3 and Kell 0/3

Here ya go Jeff.

I assume you mean Brett's 3000th hit?

Back when he did this - the umps took balls that were either game used or game ready - had PSA/DNA authenticate and sold on the net.

Mine is also signed by Brett - I was surprised how cheap it went - thought it would go for way more dough - I paid under 100 bucks.

Awesome lineup, and thanks for the correction. As you assumed it's from the 3000th hit game. I also have the opponent's lineup card from that game.

You have a game-used/game-ready ball from that game signed by Brett? That's pretty sweet! (and definitely super cheap at under $100.)

Here's a bit of an obscure lineup card. From the 1950 San Diego Padres lineup card from when they were part of the Pacific Coast League. Lineup includes Minnie Minoso.

• Options

Lineup card from Game 6 (final game) of the 2003 World Series.

• Options

Just picked this pair up. Lineup cards from Game 1 of the 1991 World Series.

• Options
    edited July 31, 2019 9:12PM

Hiya Jeff

Super nice SLUs buddy!

Ya know - I have a GU bat of Gant and Glavine and a GU jersey of Belliard. Not WS used tho.

Mike
  • Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

O'S lost but turned a triple play! Couldn't pass it up for $50 and it's MLB authenticated....

• Options

@Stone193 said:
    Hiya Jeff

Super nice SLUs buddy!

Ya know - I have a GU bat of Gant and Glavine and a GU jersey of Belliard. Not WS used tho.

Those are awesome. I've limited myself to this one area of game-used because I'd never be able to afford the nicer pieces lol.

@CdnOsfan said:

O'S lost but turned a triple play! Couldn't pass it up for $50 and it's MLB authenticated....

That's awesome. The thing I love about lineup cards is that every game is unique. Some of course, have really cool plays like yours. NIce Showalter sig on it as well!

• Options

Thanx Jeff.

Mike
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

i love collecting line up cards.....Have a nice collection of them as well..

Jim Palmer's last career game

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2019 6:52AM

Celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Cal's 2131 game in 2015 (He threw out the First Pitch)

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

Opening Day 2001, Cal's final season

IMF

• Options

and some game that happened in September of 1995

IMF

• Options

@Ironmanfan said:
    and some game that happened in September of 1995

IMF

Incredible collection! Sensing an obvious theme. If interested, I have the 10th anniversary of the beginning of Ripken's streak, along with a couple of carbon copies from his rookie season (including game 4 of the streak). Ripken is far less central to my collection than he is to yours, so would be open to dealing them.

I have the small dugout wall lineup cards the Orioles used to use of Palmer's 3rd career win, though at this point wouldn't be looking to move that one.

If any would be of interest, let me know.

• Options

Signed lineup from Don Sutton's final career win.

• Options

Dueling SLU's!

Really nice and thanx for posting Bill - you too Jeff.

Mike
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hey Jeff. Welcome to the boards. I am glad to see yo made your way over here. Your collection is really coming along!

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options

First game of Cal Ripken's consecutive game streak

IMF

• Options

@Stone193 said:
    Dueling SLU's!

Really nice and thanx for posting Bill - you too Jeff.

Thankfully there's enough out there for at least 2 collectors :)

@mccardguy1 said:
    Hey Jeff. Welcome to the boards. I am glad to see yo made your way over here. Your collection is really coming along!

Thanks!

@Ironmanfan said:

First game of Cal Ripken's consecutive game streak

IMF

That's killer!

• Options

Was excited to find this one in a large collection of vintage lineup cards I acquired. From 1955, Roberto Clemente's rookie season

• Options

Hiya Jeff

This looks like the game?

I wouldn't mind having an SLU with Clemente from his rookie year - very nice.

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:
    Hiya Jeff

This looks like the game?

I wouldn't mind having an SLU with Clemente from his rookie year - very nice.

I believe so. I checked the lineup and believe that is the only date with that exact lineup.

• Options

1948 PCL League Oakland Oaks lineup card signed by manager Casey Stengel.

• Options

Thanx for sharing that one Jeff.

Had no idea that Lavagetto was sent back to the minors, never to recover.

Having to serve during WWII might not have helped.

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:
    Thanx for sharing that one Jeff.

Had no idea that Lavagetto was sent back to the minors, never to recover.

Having to serve during WWII might not have helped.

He missed 4 full years in the military, and never played a full season after that. The 48 Oakland Oaks were somewhat of a legendary team, with quite a few MLB'ers on it.

• Options

Another PCL lineup card with a HOF manager. In this case Joe Gordon who was a player-manager for the 1952 Solons.

• Options

Mike Piazza's 1st career home run. (If anyone collects Piazza, when I bought Tommy Lasorda's lineup collection from the last decade of his managerial career, it included many early Piazza milestones. 1st home run is in my PC, but have other rookie year homers, and other milestones such as 50th homer, 100th homer, 1st grand slam etc.)

• Options

9/21/1954 - Ernie Banks rookie year lineup card

• Options

That's a good one to have Jeff.

Did you research the date yourself?

It's interesting that the card is not signed by the manager?

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:
    That's a good one to have Jeff.

Did you research the date yourself?

It's interesting that the card is not signed by the manager?

Yup, was able to match the lineup to a single game. It is signed on the back.

I picked up a collection from the 1950's and while Stan Hack did sign the Cubs ones, many other managers did not sign their lineup cards. I have some Dodgers ones that Alston didn't sign, a couple of Giants ones that Durocher didn't sign, and I don't believe any of the Pirates, Cardinals or Braves ones are signed that I have. Not sure why that was the case.

• Options

Here's one from Aaron's rookie season that is signed, though this is the only one from the Milwaukee Braves from that era I have that is signed.

• Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome stuff! I framed my lone lineup card from a game started by Maddux and closed by Smoltz. I included the newspaper box score with the lineup card in the frame.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options

@ghooper33 said:
    Awesome stuff! I framed my lone lineup card from a game started by Maddux and closed by Smoltz. I included the newspaper box score with the lineup card in the frame.

That looks amazing, and having the newspaper there is a great added touch! (Also can't go wrong with a shutout between 2 HOF'ers.)

• Options

1974 World Series Game 4. These copies came from umpire Don Denkinger.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2019 3:41PM

Tomorrow marks the 49th Anniversary of Game 3 of the 1970 World Series. The game was significant for two reasons...One was Dave McNally hit a Grand Slam in the 6th inning and became the first (and still only) pitcher to hit a GS in a World Series Game..Other was that Brooks Robinson dove to his left to make a spectacular catch off the the bat of Johnny Bench. The image of Brooks on his belly holding the ball above his head remains iconic to this day.

Here is Earl Weaver's hand written lineup card from that game, which was taped to the dugout wall...I acquired this from the family of the fan who asked an usher for it at the conclusion of the game (then taped his ticker stub to the back of the card).

imageimageimage

IMF

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Just when I think your collection cannot get much more impressive you quickly shut me up. Awesome additions to your lineup collection and I always look forward to seeing this post pop up and see what you have added.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options

@Ironmanfan said:
    Tomorrow marks the 49th Anniversary of Game 3 of the 1970 World Series...

IMF

Thanks for sharing this. To me one of the awesome things about lineup cards is exactly this... the stories and the moments that they capture. Sometimes they are memorable, historic games, and sometimes they are some kid's first-ever game, or the game on their birthday etc.

Spectacular pieces!

@mccardguy1 said:
    Just when I think your collection cannot get much more impressive you quickly shut me up. Awesome additions to your lineup collection and I always look forward to seeing this post pop up and see what you have added.

I appreciate that!

1993 WS game 1. 1st World Series appearance of arguably the greatest playoff pitcher (starter) of all time.

• Options

Something a little different here is not a Line Up card but rather a Pitching Chart that Scott McGregor (the next day's pitcher) kept on Mike Flanagan on 04/19/77 vs. Cleveland. The significance of this game was that Brooks Robinson hit a Pinch Hit Walk Off HR, which turned out to the last of his HOF career:

IMF

• Options

@Ironmanfan said:
    Something a little different here is not a Line Up card but rather a Pitching Chart that Scott McGregor (the next day's pitcher) kept on Mike Flanagan on 04/19/77 vs. Cleveland. The significance of this game was that Brooks Robinson hit a Pinch Hit Walk Off HR, which turned out to the last of his HOF career:

IMF

Super cool. I've seen a few of those over the years. Really interesting collectible.

• Options

I don't usually do Dugout lineup cards, but snagged these 2 World Series clinching lineup cards.

• Options

1966 Orioles dugout lineup card. The year Frank Robinson won the Triple Crown.

I've only ever seen this design of lineup card from the Orioles, and have seen images of Weaver posting this on the dugout wall. They were still using these in the mid-90's.

• Options

Dennis Martinez Perfect Game

• Options

I've been picked many cool lineup cards over the years and a few really nice ones recently that I hope to share in the next little bit. But I don't think any one I've picked up is more significant than this one.

Back in 2001, I was my classroom (before class) looking out the window when a classmate walked in and said that a small plane had hit one of the Twin Towers. It's a day that I don't think any of us will forget.

One of the things I remember from that day is that there was nothing to distract you from the news. It was on every channel. I remember listening to the radio and along with everything else, I remember it hitting me hard when the games were canceled that night.

While NY was Ground Zero that evening, Washington DC was obviously greatly impacted as well. While NY had the Mets and Yankees, Washington did not have a team at that time. The Orioles were their team.

This lineup card originated from Sam Perlozzo. He's a former player and manager, who in 2001 was a coach for the Orioles.

Because the game was canceled, it remains blank. But of all the lineup cards I own, it may tell the biggest story.

• Options

Hey,

Hope everyone is doing ok with all the craziness going on!

Consolidating a few months of collecting into one post since haven't posted anything here in a few months.

Recently acquired a collection of Orioles lineup cards from the 80's. Mostly carbon copies, but included Ripken's 1st Grand Slam (rookie season), a whole bunch of 1982 lineup cards with RIpken, a couple from 1981 where he played (but is not noted on the lineup card) etc. Also been able to pick up rookie season lineup crads of Griffey, Jeter, Ichiro, Pujols and Miguel Cabrera over the last few months.

I've had this one for a few months but don't believe I ever shared it. Comes from Mike Trout's brief call-up in 2011. He was still eligible as a rookie in 2012 (and had a historic season) so very few of these out there.

• Options

The oldest pair of lineup cards from the same game I've ever come across. Notable players include Jimmie Foxx (2 hits), Mickey Cochrane (2 hits) and Earl Averill, who hit for the only cycle of his career.

Managers are all-time great Walter Johnson and HOF Connie Mack.