Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New VCP

Not digging this at all. So bummed, probably gonna cancel my membership.

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019 3:06AM

The new site is much better.
    I like it

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2019 9:15PM

I just tried searching for a t206 George Davis with a common back. All I see is different players with rare backs pop up.

It takes so long to find the tobacco card I’m searching to find... I’m just using eBay completed sales or Pwcc auction archive now.

• Options
    60sfan60sfan Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

did you log in with your user name and password?

• Options

@60sfan said:
    did you log in with your user name and password?

Yes I am. It works good for everything but t206.

• Options

I did a T206 search and looks fine/

• Options

@KauaBB said:

A random t206 search? No name? Who does that...

• Options

T206 Cy Young search.... before I could find it in seconds...now there is so much clutter it’s like doing homework.

• Options
    ReedDACWReedDACW Posts: 39 ✭✭✭

With any change, it will take some getting used to, but so far I like the changes. If only switching to the new format could have waited until after the National?

• Options

addicted2ebay you are using the keyword search wrong you are suppose to enter "t206 young" and you get a much cleaner search.

• Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I was just trying Saturday to sign up again for a 1-day pass and it is only giving me an option to sign up for the monthly or yearly subscription. Does anyone know if they did away with the 1-day pass or is it just a glitch.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

Amazing how some guys post on various forums and think people are really stupid.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019 3:00PM

You know, with all the malarkey going on in the hobby these days I really want to thank Bobby for this. I mean, I got a good, long, hearty laugh and I'll probably laugh about it a few more times at least.

But this is the thought process of someone who thinks we're going to believe his back scan story to protect PWCC. Amazing.

Ha, look at that. I'm not even done writing this post and I'm laughing at this again! Thanks again, Bobby! I think we all needed this.

Arthur

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

@ReggieCleveland said:
    You know, with all the malarkey going on in the hobby these days I really want to thank Bobby for this. I mean, I got a good, long, hearty laugh and I'll probably laugh about it a few more times times at least.

But this is the thought process of someone who thinks we're going to believe his back scan story to protect PWCC. Amazing.

Ha, look at that. I'm not even done writing this post and I'm laughing at this again! Thanks again, Bobby! I think we all needed this.

Arthur

So true. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt back then, but I guess he’s just another part of the problem.

• Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

This thread is TRULY glorious....another phony alt outed! Without real ebay results, why does anyone need vcp? furthermore the same info is easily available on watchcount.com (with the same missing Best offer data).

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@addicted2ebay said:

@KauaBB said:

A random t206 search? No name? Who does that...

Apparently Bobby does that.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got to concur with Arthur and nominate this for Thread of the Year - Most LOLs category. Heck, BobbyVCP scored all nine of his here.

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

It’s times like these when CDsnuts is most sorely missed.

• Options

The man-child is strong in this hobby.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2019 8:00AM

Best response so far:
    He concern but he also collec

• Options

Good to see Leon suspending critical thought.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

That you, "Bobby"?

Andy

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

basta con decir que Bobby no traerá la ensalada de atún al picnic de Mensa

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    basta con decir que Bobby no traerá la ensalada de atún al picnic de Mensa

Él puede traerlo, pero no puede quedarse para la reunión.

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Searching glitches aside, the new website provides poorer scans that are more difficult to inspect. Resolution of card images is paramount, and VCP now provides images with reduced resolution than just last week. I've paid my gold membership for years now. I have no interest in keeping my membership if the scans provided are poorer quality and harder to see.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist usually, but the way this has all played out in the last two months really stinks.

-Nathanael

• Options

You lay with dogs you get fleas.

Arthur

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

So I just discovered that I now have to upgrade my membership in order to get a list view of the VCP average for all cards specified set in a particular grade. I used this feature constantly in the past.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is ebay hiding the best offer data? That is not very pro-buyer or even seller. Having LESS info the market doesn't help anyone.

Mike
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    Why is ebay hiding the best offer data? That is not very pro-buyer or even seller. Having LESS info the market doesn't help anyone.

Add the ebay item number to the end of this url and you'll be able to see what the best offer price was.
    cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

The magnification feature on the new site is so worthless for viewing a card. It's as if it is intentionally bad.

• Options

@Frozencaribou said:
    The magnification feature on the new site is so worthless for viewing a card. It's as if it is intentionally bad.

But that's totes cray-cray. Why would anyone intentionally make the card viewing ability worse? There's, like, no conceivable reasons.

Arthur

• Options

Who’s Bobby?

@ReggieCleveland said:

@Frozencaribou said:

But that's totes cray-cray. Why would anyone intentionally make the card viewing ability worse? There's, like, no conceivable reasons.

Arthur

• Options

You forgot the hashtag.

Who'sBobby?

Arthur

• Options

Weird. So a hashtag just automatically makes the font big and annoying. There's some irony here somewhere.

Arthur

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@ndleo said:

Add the ebay item number to the end of this url and you'll be able to see what the best offer price was.
    cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=

Thank you for posting this.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2019 5:37AM

I really, really hate the image view on the new VCP. I’ve been a member for years and like the ‘my collection’ feature. However, the image change has me so peeved I’m seriously considering terminating my membership.

As others have said, the only conceivable explanation for this change and its timing is to protect the guilty.

Edited to add - if enough of us terminate our membership, could it force him to restore the image tool to its old glory?

• Options
    WalkinDudeWalkinDude Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

I noticed this after using the site several times. After you click on the word “Image”, there is another link to the right called “open image”. If you click that, you will get the largest possible image, depending on the original resolution. Hope this helps.

Patrick

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

I unfortunately am cancelling my monthly subscription when it runs out this week. They took away the ability to view an entire set's VCP pricing in a certain grade unless you upgrade. I cannot imagine how upset I would be if I had just re-upped for the annual subscription and they did this. And of course, an email to them went unanswered. Very disappointing.

• Options

I will vouch for Bobby regarding his timeliness in answering emails and resolving problems. He has been awesome!

• Options

@bigt5959 said:
    I will vouch for Bobby regarding his timeliness in answering emails and resolving problems. He has been awesome!

Who is Bobby?

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

I concur, I emailed Bobby about a few issues and they got rectified pretty quickly.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Porkins said:
    It’s times like these when CDsnuts is most sorely missed.

and bubblebathgirl

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.