Home Sports Talk
Options

most incredulous sports-related statistics/facts you're aware of

2»

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe was one of the best.

Most here only care about hitting. Few came close to the fielding and running ability Joe had. Great arm for most of his career too!

I agree with you on strikeouts too. Striking out is BAD BAD BAD!

Big Klu was a great hitter as well. Close to a 300 BA and 500 SLG ain't shabby! Too short of a career for HOF consideration I would think.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    So, here’s the list of guys who have had more home runs than strikeouts (min. 20 HR) in a season multiple times and how many times they’ve done it:

This reminded me about the few players who have had more HR's than singles for an entire season. I think McGwire and Bonds did it, not sure if anyone else...

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    So, here’s the list of guys who have had more home runs than strikeouts (min. 20 HR) in a season multiple times and how many times they’ve done it:

This reminded me about the few players who have had more HR's than singles for an entire season. I think McGwire and Bonds did it, not sure if anyone else...

Joey Gallo has done it all four years of his major league career. This year, his numbers are equal (22 homers, 22 singles).

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    here's a good one that literally just happened. David Duval shot 48 on the front nine at the British Open............after being 2-under thru his first 4 holes.

And for those who didn't catch the score adjustment, it ended up being a 49, with 14 strokes on the 7th hole.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

John McEnroe has won more PRO tournaments than any male player in history..(singles and doubles combined)

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a surprise. George Brett did it but not Mike Schmidt!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with 1951 Wheaties about Joe D being underrated. Players used to take pride in not striking out,
    that is a thing of the past. Now they just don't care, as long as they swing as hard as they possibly can
    they're content. I was surprised Ted Kluszewski made the list 4 times. Very impressive!

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dustin Johnson and Jordan Spieth had a combined 14 birdies yesterday (7 each) for a combined final score of -1.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

J.T. Poston won the Wyndham Championship this past weekend

who? won what? what sport? who cares?

well, in doing so he accomplished a feat that hadn't been touched since 1974 by Lee Trevino

he went bogey-free for 72 holes and won an individual PGA tour event

that, my friends, is difficult to do