Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1983 Topps Rack Variations

So I just received a new style 83 rack pack from a recent ebay win and it is unlike any that I’ve seen before. It is enclosed in a soft plastic sleeve that extends beyond the plastic header with oversized cells. The plastic itself is very thick too. Now, of course, I will be on the lookout for a full box of these to satisfy my collecting goal of getting as many box variations from 1980-1987 as possible.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too

Comments

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the double pic. The top rack is the common variety. The bottom is the hard cardboard headed. And the middle is the new one.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the plastic sleeve separate from the plastic inside, or are they connected? Are you sure this is original? I've never seen this type before. Can you take additional pics?

Andy

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

From the pictures it looks like the rack pack was placed in a sleeve. I have purchased some sleeves like that and have some racks stored in them.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

The spacing between the cells/header is still different on all three, regardless of the sleeve.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJ80sBBC Any updates on your knowledge about the mysterious plastic wrapping? Can you take additional pics?

Andy