Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1998-99 Topps Gold Label – Masterpiece Set Goal Race '99 red 1/1

slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

I purchased 1 pack at beckers a while back as it was the last one in the box at the counter and pulled a Red 1/1 Eric Lindros goal race to 99 . Am curious if any know what the odds were of pulling one . ill see if can get a scan in later of the card.

Comments

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry for the quality of the pics . new camera . ill see if can get clearer pics soon

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

The odds of pulling that card are slim and none. That's one heck of a pull. Those are the cards that everyone looks for in that particular set. I would protect that card. If I pulled it, I would be very happy. Sick pull.

thanks. it was also my very first 1/1 at the time .. I did a lil research and they came in base , black and red with the red the rarer of the 1/1's. and having only purchased 1 single pack at the variety shop i put straight into a holder when i got home. am loading in better scans of the card.. not sure why the camera ones came out blurry.

The 1/1 cards from that set can get some pretty high asking prices also. Especially for the bigger stars like Lindros.

i know.. i've checked ebay but cant seem to find any of the red variation 1/1's but the black versions are selling between $300-$1700

There's a Eric Lindros black 1/1, and the asking price is $1,299. I'd say the one you pulled is a pretty good find.

i know.. am debating on sending to get graded. i don't work at the moment so am low on funds .. i may have to wait till can afford it again

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see much benefit to getting 1/1s graded and assuming $500-$1999 value, it's $75 + shipping both ways. I would guess anything less than a 9 actually hurts it's value more than the premium for a 10 and it's not like people can compete for the highest graded.

I hear you loud and clear. I'm on a budget as well, and if I spend too much on cards, my wife might decide to use a pair of nutcrackers. The kind of nuts she will crack won't be the kind you buy in the grocery store.

good point and since am on a budget right now and not sure if i'll be working again ..waiting on double hip replacement. ill prob hold off getting it graded.. ive got it in a good holder. one of the ultra pro magnetic card holders with stand .

Yes, I like the magnetic holders. They offer good protection, and their easy to open and close. Good choice.