Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Can anyone identify this "medal" for me?

tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 11, 2019 1:22PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Not sure if this is the proper forum to ask but here goes. Anyone know what it is? It is about 1 3/4 inches wide and high.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Comments

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen the design before on some Olympic Games medals but this medal is probably a generic school victory medal.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

The quality level seems low. Probably a mass produced award from many years ago. The possibility that is a school award medal has already been mentioned and may very well be the case.

All glory is fleeting.
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know nothing about medals so take this for what its worth.

I see design elements representing agriculture and industry.

Also, that appears to be real enameling (molten glass) so if it is low quality it is high end low quality. :p

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    I know nothing about medals so take this for what its worth.

I see design elements representing agriculture and industry.

Also, that appears to be real enameling (molten glass) so if it is low quality it is high end low quality. :p

Good observations, thanks. It is real enameling that you see.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

To add: that lightening bolt thingie and stacks in the background might represent power generation.

The combined elements are reminiscent of communist propaganda art, although the overall design is more classically aristic. Maybe early 20th century Rissiam or better yet, eastern/central European? That's a total guess.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try emedals.com

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52