Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Anyone know much about Dutch (?) Aviation medals.

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rando buy on eBay for the Stork, but clearly an aviation medal. No artist but love the classic clean deco lines. Does anyone know a good place to start looking for information?

Comments

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2019 2:32PM

I found that Z. V. L. stands for Zeeuwse Vereniging voor Luchtvaart, if that helps...

http://www.wingstovictory.nl/Scheldevlucht

Edited to add the link and say I love the design, esp. the dirigible.

• Options

So, the Zeeland Society for Aviation (google translation of Zeeuwse Vereniging voor Luchtvaart) and the year 1934, and Scheldt Flight. The first Scheldt Flight of 1934 from that link had a kilo of silver trophy and some bronze medals. Makes you wonder if this is one of them!

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great look...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything on the edge? Love that art deco look of the design. Dutch language I think. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Anything on the edge? Love that art deco look of the design. Dutch language I think. Peace Roy

Nothing there. I'm liking it a lot, thank you! Plus I'm using my imagination to think this MIGHT be one of the medals given out in 1934 to the non-winning participants. Who knows.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dutch? I would have guessed that it was from Holland or possibly the Netherlands. :*

• Options

Zeeland most accurately it turns out :wink::smile::smiley: