Home Autographs Forum

Question about pre-paid return postage

I am sending some baseballs to a former college athlete (no one famous, just someone for my personal collection) and I want to pay for the return postage. This is easy when sending something like a baseball card, since you can just include a SASE. Is there an easy way for me to do this with something larger like a box holding 2 baseballs? Do I have to join something like stamps.com or is there an easier way?


  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Take the box or padded envelope with baseballs inside to the PO, have it all weighted, and put stamps on it (actual stamps not a postage printouts from their machine). They will ask you where it is going - just give them the zip code of the recipient to get the cost of the postage to pop up on their machine.

    Then take that home and put the box or envelope into a larger envelope or box, or if you are using a box for return shipping then you can use a big rubber band to secure your letter to it, and then wrap the box in brown paper (and tape it up) like a package.

    Then take that package to the PO and mail it.

  • bruin805bruin805 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

    I guess that's pretty obvious when you think about it!

  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Just wait - the PO clerk will probably get all confused.

Sign In or Register to comment.