Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FS: 1907-D $20 NGC MS62* Star CAC, Looks Prooflike -- Sold

BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 13, 2019 6:58PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1907-D $20 NGC MS62* Star CAC -- SOLD

The coin was graded Mint State (MS62*) by NGC. The Star designation is for superior eye appeal. It was approved by Certified Acceptance Corporation (CAC) indicating that it met the strict quality standards of CAC.

This coin has excellent eye appeal and reflective, prooflike fields without any significant hits or abrasions that are common on Liberty double eagles.

I am surprised that this coin did not receive the PL (prooflike) designation. There are currently (as of July 2019) only 20 coins designated PL at NGC. According to auction records, there have not been many recent sales of a 1907-D PL $20 but in the past 5 years sales were:
1) MS62 PL in Aug 2015 for $6462.50, Heritage Lot# 6532
2) MS62 PL in Jan 2019 for $6600.00, Heritage Lot# 4859
3) MS63 PL in June 2019 for $4109.60, Great Collections Lot# 714684
None of these three coins were CAC approved.

PCGS has recently started designating double eagles as PL, so this coin may be a candidate for submission to that service. However, I cannot guarantee that this coin will receive the PL designation upon submission to either service.

Images are of the actual coin being offered. I have included images with different lighting angles to show the prooflike properties and luster of the coin.

Satisfaction guaranteed—coins may be returned for full refund within 10 days of receipt.

Payment: Money orders, cashier’s checks or PayPal; personal checks accepted but please allow time to clear before shipment (approximately 7-10 days).

For questions or to make purchase arrangements contact me by PM or email:
goldcoins@mailhaven.com

Comments