Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

National Show and Golf Cards

Is it worth my time driving 5 hours one-way to the National Show in Chicago later this month to look for golf cards? Are there enough dealers with golf cards to make it worthwhile.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector collects golf cards. Not sure if he has been to any National Shows, but maybe he will see this thread and chime in. Good luck in your quest if you decide to go! :)

• Options
    cjhavcjhav Posts: 27

Thank you. I will check with Kyle on this.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not made it to a National yet. Unfortunately, scheduling is horrible since it's Meet your Teacher time and the last minute rush before school starts. From what I've seen of past Nationals, there hasn't been much in the way of golf cards from the pictures shared, except maybe a couple of the high end Tiger Woods cards. I would be more inclined to go to one if there were more, but it's still a great place for networking with other collectors and dealers who might help you track down the cards that have been eluding you.

If you decide to go, hopefully you'll find a Hogan Exhibit ;)

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not a golf collector, but at the last national that I attended, I kept my eyes peeled for golf cards for another member. At least from the last National that I went to, I would say that the pickings are pretty slim when it comes to Golf cards.

• Options
    cjhavcjhav Posts: 27

Thank you to all for your information. My schedule has changed, so I am not sure I am going to make it this year. If I do though, I will post my successes or failures.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Charlie