Home Sports Talk

Weird MLB scheduling anomaly.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Except for the beginning of the season and at the All-Star break MLB has a pretty strict, traditional schedule: every Team is scheduled to play every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday without exception. Traveling days are Monday and Thursday, the only possible days off during the regular season...........................except for some strange reason this weekend.

I can't say for any other Teams because I'm too lazy to look, but an inter-league series will be played this weekend between the Cleveland Indians and the Cincinnati Reds --- but will be two games played on Saturday and Sunday. Neither Team is scheduled to play on Friday!!! :D:o That's hard for me to wrap my head around.

When I first noticed it I thought it was a web-page error but I checked multiple sources and get the same thing. Have you ever seen this before??

Al H.

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rarer than a 1794 half with a missing star.

:#

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

there is one other pairing that will be Sat/Sun only with two more Teams not playing Friday, the crosstown boys from Chicago. no White Sox vs. Cubbies tonight!! B)

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not nearly as big a story as the NFLer that lost an arm over the weekend.