Home Stamps Forum
Options

Inherited my grandpa’s stamp Collection there are hundreds in this book of all different countries..

Best Answer

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Go to your local library and see if they have copies of recent editions of the Scott stamp catalogs. They will probably be in the reference section. Don't take the catalog valuations too seriously as they tend to be very high, especially if you are looking to sell.

The photos you posted don't show much that is likely to have much, if any, value in today's market. Stamp collecting is a hobby that has been in decline for many decades, having peaked in popularity in the 1930's-1940's when Franklin D. Roosevelt, an active stamp collector, was president.

All glory is fleeting.

Answers

• Options

How does one go about finding the value of said collection???... Thanks

• Options

Thank you I appreciate it

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far as value goes, unless the album contains some "key" stamps it probably has very little value. It will take a lot of work on your part to determine if there are any "key" stamps present. There is a stamp store in my area (which is a rarity in itself these days) that has a backroom that is filled with collections such as yours which they have bought and not even bothered to look through yet. Knowing that shop, I am quite sure they paid next to nothing for those collections. They just bought them cheap from heirs who just wanted to get rid of them.

All glory is fleeting.