Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Beautiful Original Toned 1905 Panama 50 Centimos

At least it appear to me. Ejoy if you'd like, GTG if you want...

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the reverse. This date is not difficult to obtain in general... But just try and find one like this. Best of luck.

As for the grade, 64 is reasonable...undecided as to a plus

Overall a terrific coin for the date

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reverse is very nice. Obverse is a bit dark for my taste. I say 63 for neutral eye appeal but that’s a real SWAG.

• MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭

MS62. I submitted a Franklin half eons ago that PCGS body-bagged for that type of obv. toning.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was really shocked to have gotten this and the 1904 25c for what I recall is 125.00 at auction earlier this year. I'll post grade tomorrow on this one. I would have been shocked at a BB, which it did not.

• ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

63...nice, but your 25c was almost perfect... Would like to know where you're finding all this !

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I took you up on your offer to enjoy it but I won't guess a grade. Looks very original to me. Congratulations!

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

It graded out at "62". Perhaps it is the cheek that held it back? That was at auction, and was really an afterthought as even their pictures looked pretty good.
    My favorite of the just-graded coins cost all of $3.59 including shipping - it was the CURRENCY 1984 FM Trinidad and Tobago 50c with drummer. Not catalogued and not seen by me in 35 years. I love these sleepers that even if unloved are incredibly rare, and at a good price.