Home Sports Talk
Options

Help identifying the NAVY photo?

I guess this photo was taken in 1950s or earlier. Any one knows what time it was taken? Any players can be identified?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome photo, insanely tough to identify anyone without numbers.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

My sports recollection only stretches back to Staubach and the Navy. Early 1960's.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe try to match photos with the guy in front middle who I assume was the catcher

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

The gentleman in the middle row, third from the right, i think is Paul Newman.

• Options

Thanks!

• Options

The gentleman in the middle row, farthest left, i think is Bill Clinton.

Okay, I jumped the shark doing it twice, I admit it. :)

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2019 7:29AM

@hammer1 said:
    My sports recollection only stretches back to Staubach and the Navy. Early 1960's.

Did Roger play Baseball? I assume this is a BB team by the glove and bat in the pic. ;)

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2019 9:30AM

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

Did Roger play Baseball? I assume this is a BB team by the glove and bat in the pic. ;)

Not that I know of.

My reference was to 'older' Navy guys and becoming pro athletes. ie the admiral- David Robinson is a pro athlete/ navy guy.

I don't know of any baseball/navy guys.

• Options

I can't seem to identify any of the black ballplayers in the second and third pics.

• Options

Here is the single player. Anyone can identify?

• Options

Thank you MLBdays for your comment. My uncle took the NAVY photo. I didn’t know what time he took it. Now I remember that My uncle took another photo then. You are right about the time. Thanks!