Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1959-60 Maple Leafs Program Signed by the Team

KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I primarily post on the coin section of the site, so please forgive me if this isn't the right forum for this post. My dad got this 1959 Maple Leafs program when he was a kid and just recently found it again after it had been missing around the house for about 10 years. He only just found it the other day inside the cover of another book. The program is from the November 18th, 1959 game at Maple Leaf Gardens against the Detroit Red Wings (the Leafs won 3-2). There are 20 autographs on the front cover, of which I can read 15 of them, any help with the remaining few would be great! Overall the program isn't in too bad of shape given its age. My dad would like to try and get an idea of value, would it be possible to get a rough estimate here? If not, where would be the best place to post to find that information?

Some of the autographs that I can make out:

W. McKnight: This isn't a player. Based on my research it could be Wes McKnight who did play-by-play, and was an original host of Hockey Night in Canada.
Gerry Ehman
Johnny Bower (HoF)
Allan Stanley (HoF)
Ted Hampson
John Wilson
Larry Regan
George Armstrong (HoF)
Ron Stewart
Frank Mahovlich (HoF)
Garry Edmundson
Rudy Migay
Bob Pulford (HoF)
Bob Baun
Marc Reaume
Bert Olmstead (HoF)
Carl Brewer
Tim Horton (HoF): An autograph that is instantly recognizable to any Canadian.
Bill Harris
Punch Imlach: Coach and Assistant GM.

Link to the Leafs 1959-60 roster

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover

Comments

• Options

Unknown #5 is Punch Imlach

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    edited June 25, 2019 9:24PM

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:
    Unknown #5 is Punch Imlach

Thanks! I'll add that to the original post.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unknown #1 Johnny Bower?

Kevin

• Options

Unknown #1 looks like it says 'John Bower'... But the 'J' doen't look like Bower's 'J' in autos I've seen

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:
    Unknown #1 looks like it says 'John Bower'... But the 'J' doen't look like Bower's 'J' in autos I've seen

I will most certainly not vouch for authenticity but simply stating what I see written.

Kevin

• Options
    edited June 25, 2019 10:29PM

@LOTSOS said:

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:

I will most certainly not vouch for authenticity but simply stating what I see written.

Bower seemed to sign everything as "Johnny", which is what made me think it might be "John Wilson". Unfortunately, I can't find any Johnny Wilson autographs to compare to.

Edit: Found one. Looks like he signed as "Johnny" as well. The "J" doesn't match his usual signature either.

• Options

@Kyle said:

@LOTSOS said:

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:

Bower seemed to sign everything as "Johnny", which is what made me think it might be "John Wilson". Unfortunately, I can't find any Johnny Wilson autographs to compare to.

Edit: Found one. Looks like he signed as "Johnny" as well. The "J" doesn't match his usual signature either.

You already have a Johnny Wilson auto identified on that program...

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    edited June 25, 2019 10:24PM

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:

@Kyle said:

@LOTSOS said:

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:

You already have a Johnny Wilson auto identified on that program...

Whoops, my bad. I forgot to cross him off my list I guess. This just raises more questions on who that autograph belongs to.

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

1 is Bower

• Options

2 Larry Regan

• Options

3 George Armstrong

Autos not always on one line

• Options

4 Rudy Migay

• Options

Price estimate: $400

Lots of comps on eBay

• Options

Thank you @MrHockey, impressive work!