Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Printing Plate Run - Longoria Rookie edition

jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

I'm not a huge printing plate collector, but finally pulled the trigger on these. Figured these were the ones to have as a Longoria Collector. :) Super happy I decided to grab his Cyan and Yellow 2006 Bowman Rookie plates.. Thought I'd share here. Anyone else have a plate run of their favorite player? Please feel free to post here if so.

Thanks for taking a look.

Jeff

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I actually bought a Magic Johnson magenta panini contenders printing plate 1/1 a few months back. I hid it from my wife in a secret spot, so she'll never find it.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Jeff

No to your answer but those are special in that they've been sticker autographed - nice touch.

I am confused tho about one thing.

If you notice, the Dexter is a "positive" and the Shipley is a "negative." I'm guessing the Dexter is a regular print card while the Shipley is a "chrome."

On regular printed items like basic cards - it's done by offset - so the plate is a "positive" - since when transferred to the rubber roller, it turns to "negative" and when transferred to the cardboard, it goes back to "positive."

Wonder what the process is to get a "chrome" card? Since we're starting with a "negative" - reverse - plate.

Mike
  • jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

Hi Mike,

Very, very interesting! Never put much thought into it but you made me check out a couple more of my plates. :)

I have one more Chrome, and it is indeed reversed. My other regular prints are positive. Good question about the chrome processing. I have no idea.

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff