Home U.S. Coin Forum

What are the steps to having a Pedigree added to a label?

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently won a piece at auction. It had been submitted and graded same grade and reCACed. It was part of a major and important collection of my series of focus. Wonder how to go about sending this coin to PCGS for another reholder/trueview and to have the pedigree added back the the label. I have quality images of the coin in the old holder with pedigree if this helps.

Comments

• HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it still have the same PCGS number that was on the old holder with the pedigree?

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin number is the same, cert number is new.

• OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23, 2019 8:00PM

Submit a printed color copy of a picture of your coin next to the auction catalog photo, if there was a paper catalog and you own a copy. Then write a note on the submission form with your request. This has worked for me successfully the few times I have tried.

• HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have good pictures of the coin in the old holder then you might be able to prove it is the same coin.

It has a very distinct toning pattern.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:
    It has a very distinct toning pattern.

May we see it?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Won the auction last night, Ill wait till I have it in hand. Nothing Earth shattering, just prefer the pedigree to stay with the coins when possible.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file