Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

SOLD - 1901-S $5 Gold Half Eagle, MS63 NGC, WITH CAC - CAC Pop ONLY 32 (only 1% in this grade!)

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 24, 2019 7:48AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

I have available for sale a 1901-S $5 Gold Half Eagle graded MS63 by NGC, and is one of the VERY FEW with a CAC. There are 3,140 in this grade (1,542 by NGC and 1,598 by PCGS), yet only 32 have a CAC, and this is one of those 32. That's only 1% in this grade with a CAC!!!!! Admittedly, the pops are higher than reality due to re-submissions, and I believe many people chose not to spend the $14.50 to try to get a CAC. But the bottom line is JA is tough on gold, and only 32 have the coveted CAC. Why buy one without a CAC, when for just a few dollars more you can have a very attractive one that has a CAC? This coin would be a nice fit in a budget 8 Coin Gold Type Set, and having the CAC makes this coin even more special. In this grade the premium is not a lot above spot gold.

This coin has super flashy high luster all over on both the obverse and reverse.

My price is $545 via regular PayPal (no PP Gift Payments) and INCLUDES FedEx Priority Overnight shipping (or USPS Priority Mail if you're using a PO Box).

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you sign for receipt of the coin. I am so confident you will like this coin, that unlike many sellers, I will pay for the cost of return shipping if you don't like coin. All returns must use a prepaid return label that requires my signature upon redelivery to me that I will email you in the unlikely event you are unhappy. I'd appreciate it if you will be fair and not use this return privilege if only due to the price of gold dropping before the end of the 7 day return privilege.

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. Due to the value, a signature will be required. I will ship FedEx Priority Overnight at my expense (expected delivery is the next business day by 10:30 am, but this is NOT guaranteed). However, if shipping to a P.O. Box, I will then ship by USPS Priority Mail (typical 2 to 3-day delivery), and a signature will still be required. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address as well.

My apologies in advance for my poor photographic skills and equipment (my cellphone), but the coin is accurately graded, has super high luster, and has merited the CAC sticker.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
Winesteven

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996