Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD - 1941 Proof Washington Quarter 25C PR67 PCGS w/CAC

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 26, 2019 4:15AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

I have available for sale a 1941 Proof Washington Quarter graded PR67 by PCGS, and it has a CAC. I just upgraded this coin in my 1936-1942 U.S. Proof Set.

It's gorgeous. As many of you who collect proof coins from this era know, these coins were originally wrapped individually in plastic, and as a result, many of the silver coins have a ton of cloudiness/haze that hides the original flashy liquid silver luster. NOT SO WITH THIS COIN. PLEASE READ THIS DESCRIPTION JUST BELOW BEFORE LOOKING AT THE TRUE VIEW PHOTO BELOW, WHICH IS NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENT THAN THE COIN IN HAND!!!!!

This coin has super flashy high luster all over on both the obverse and reverse. As noted above, the True View makes it look like an "ugly" coin, but it is not. On the obverse, there is indeed a very tiny slight light gray dot of toning just behind Washington's head. That's it for distractions on the obverse. While the TV shows stuff on his forehead and high point of the cheekbone, that is NOT there on the actual coin! On the reverse, while the TV photo shows a dark spot on the middle of the eagle's left wing (as we see it), that is actually a shadow of a very TINY dot, if anything at all. In the fields by the eagle's head, there is a tiny light toning dot on each side. Like the obverse of the TV, all cloudiness and other toning shown on the reverse photo is only in the TV, and NOT on the coin in hand.

There have been 446 graded PR67 (194 by PCGS, 252 by NGC), but only 100 of those 446 has a CAC (23%).

I bought this coin in August 2015, and I paid $380.
My price is $175 via regular PayPal (no PP Gift Payments) and includes shipping.
Others currently offered on the bay - NGC no CAC $224. Mine is graded by PCGS, and most importantly, mine merits the coveted CAC sticker! None are currently offered on collectorscorner.

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you receive the coin. I am so confident you will like this coin, that unlike many sellers, I will pay for the cost of return shipping if you don't like coin. All returns must use a prepaid return label that I will email you in the unlikely event you are unhappy.

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
Winesteven

CAUTION - THE BELOW TRUE VIEW DOES NOT ACCURATELY REPRESENT THE APPEARANCE OF THIS COIN IN HAND. PLEASE READ THE WRITTEN DESCRIPTION ABOVE.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Comments