Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Any ebay bucks coming soon?

Does anyone have an idea if we can expect a good ebay bucks offer soon? I don't keep track of it and I know some people here have a good idea of when to expect it. Now that ebay is required to collect sales tax I am trying to offset it with bucks. Thanks.

Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying

Comments

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

usually on a Monday or Tuesday is when the promos start, anywhere from 2 to 3 days long

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping for the coupon codes since I maxed my bucks out for the quarter

• jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭

A good coupon code would be nice too.

Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying

@jsanz said:
    A good coupon code would be nice too.

This

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jsanz said:
    ..........Now that ebay is required to collect sales tax I am trying to offset it with bucks..............

I've offset it by not buying anymore.

• MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:
    Hoping for the coupon codes since I maxed my bucks out for the quarter

Time for a second account.

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Don't know if I have ever got a coupon code. Is this a coupon which gives you a certain % off an item you buy?

PackManInNC
  • countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23, 2019 8:49AM

The coupon code is usually made available for anyone for a one time use only, entered at checkout, for all qualifying items in their cart, up to the maximum total discount allotted.> @mexpo75 said:

Don't know if I have ever got a coupon code. Is this a coupon which gives you a certain % off an item you buy?

• jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭

Maybe they are holding out. I am sitting on a $600 purchase. Do I sit on it a few more weeks or just go for it? I can't decide.

This is a quote from https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/26/target-ebay-compete-with-amazon-prime-day-with-deal-days-crash-sale.html

"Amazon rival eBay, meanwhile, is holding what it calls a “crash sale.” It said it will start offering some deals as early as July 1. But on July 15, it will be offering deals on major brands including LG, Apple, Samsung, KitchenAid and Garmin. And it said it will drop more deals if Amazon’s website crashes, as it did last year at the start of Prime Day.

“July has become a massive shopping season,” said Jay Hanson, vice president and chief operating officer of eBay’s Americas division."

From July 1 through July 7, there will be deals on items like camping gear and robotic vacuums. And from July 8 through July 22, there will be daily deals on items like appliances and smart home devices
    there you have it, no coupons or e bucks because of e bays big sale going on from July 1st to the 15. e bay is saving all their promo money to compete with amazon

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2019 5:18AM

A friend of mine received a promo to save 50% on Final Value Fees (for Auctions starting at 99 cents). That would be good from a SELLER point of view, but I did not receive the same promotion :(

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

No worries, I got you. I'll just buy something expensive today. The bucks offer will be in your messages tomorrow.

I sell about 75 percent more during e bay promos. this also hurts sellers

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2019 8:12AM

@lawnmowerman said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Live look at me waiting on the next Ebay promo --

Wait a minute, somethings different. Have you lost weight? You look fantastic!

Meth diet

• spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2019 10:50AM

I get an email offer from slickdeals today to create a 10% off one time use coupon for eBay

https://slickdeals.net/coupons/ebay/

• smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Did that slickdeals coupon work for anyone?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smallstocks said:
    Did that slickdeals coupon work for anyone?

Didn't work for me

It worked for me. I used it on a $24.95 item. Here were the only details given in the email.

I also got a targeted 15% off coupon code: APPTASTIC to use in the eBay mobile app.

Who's eligible for the Coupon?
    Only invited, registered eBay users who see the Coupon in My eBay are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—Coupon is not transferable.

How to redeem your Coupon:
    Coupon is only valid when you buy within the latest version of the eBay Mobile App on iOS or Android.
    Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
    Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: APPTASTIC
    Pay for your item by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on June 30, 2019
    Terms & Conditions:
    This Coupon is a 15% discount, valid from 8:00 AM Pacific Time on June 13, 2019 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on June 30, 2019. No minimum purchase required. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $25. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on the latest version of the eBay app. Eligible items exclude Stamps, Vehicles in eBay Motors, warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.

Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one-time use. Only eBay users registered with an address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America, or the Caribbean are eligible for the Coupon. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is funded by eBay; Coupon is subject to U.S. laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time.

no workie

yeah, I couldn't get the app one to work either

• NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing, but didn’t work for me either.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭

I got a 15% coupon for America's birthday, but it's only good on home and outdoors stuff. :(

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭

You just have to find someone that lists their cards in the home and outdoors section and you are set.

actually, you have to buy from one of these sellers to get the 15 percent off, none sell cards
    charbroil-direct
    danbydirect
    factory_authorized_outlet
    gdfstudio
    maxtoolsales
    poolsupplyworld
    rockwelltools
    striderbikes-direct
    vipoutlet
    vm-express
    vm-express-deals
    worxgt

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a person on a budget, I must say that Ebay bucks are kinda like this.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish my wife would get me in the ribs again with her Jimmy elbows in her sleep. The pain is definately worth the $100 fine she will receive from me.