Pathetic eBay Counterfeit 1843 dollar

Comments

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buyer left positive feedback: "Fast ship! thanks!!A+++++!!!"

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at seller’s other listings - both current and completed. I just reported several of them.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:
    Look at seller’s other listings - both current and completed. I just reported several of them.

+1 :'(

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2019 3:34AM

Do you have sellers name. I can’t find and want to block. Here is a winner. Of course the doctor needs to access hands here.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    ArizonaRareCoinsArizonaRareCoins Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2019 4:31AM

Do you have sellers name. I can’t find and want to block

Sellers name is, gooddealsforyou13plus.
    https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gooddealsforyou13plus&ftab=AllFeedback

Here's a picture of his counterfeit 1863 Seated dollar PCGS PR64CAM in his counterfeit PCGS holder....the barcode reads as 7228.30/21937742 which is an 1894 PCGS VF30 Morgan dollar:

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm beginning not to feel sorry for these clueless buyers.

Obviously they have too much money and not enough brains to spot an easy to ID counterfeit coin.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2019 9:24AM

Very strange. That coin doesn't look any where near 64 let alone Cam.
    Yet why go to all the trouble of forging the label and use the wrong bar code?

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArizonaRareCoins said:

Do you have sellers name. I can’t find and want to block

Sellers name is, gooddealsforyou13plus.
    https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gooddealsforyou13plus&ftab=AllFeedback

Here's a picture of his counterfeit 1863 Seated dollar PCGS PR64CAM in his counterfeit PCGS holder....the barcode reads as 7228.30/21937742 which is an 1894 PCGS VF30 Morgan dollar:

If someone buys that, maybe they're due to pay some tuition...

• Options

He just listed another counterfeit coin in a counterfeit PCGS PR63CAM holder 1881 Trade dollar this barcode reads as 7226.45/25333029 which is an 1893-s Morgan dollar PCGS XF45:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1881-Proof-Silver-Trade-Dollar-Graded-PR63-by-PCGS/153537631565?hash=item23bf8e554d:g:fsYAAOSw2x1dDPmZ

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable. They just keep listing that garbage! :rage:

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

what a major bummer to see all the bogus carp going around like that

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminder you gotta bring your A game to this park. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes! "A fool and his money...." and all, but this is just wrong! I feel this is the biggest threat to coin collecting...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    Unbelievable. They just keep listing that garbage! :rage:

There just doesn't seem to be any end to it ... or to buyers with money who want it.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

As long as there are inexperienced collectors, there will be unscrupulous dealers to take advantage. Nature abhors a vacuum... the solution? More education.

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:
    As long as there are inexperienced collectors, there will be unscrupulous dealers to take advantage. Nature abhors a vacuum... the solution? More education.

Don’t give all of the “credit” to unscrupulous dealers. There are also plenty of non-dealers who take advantage of inexperienced buyers.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@lkenefic said:

Don’t give all of the “credit” to unscrupulous dealers. There are also plenty of non-dealers who take advantage of inexperienced buyers.

I wonder how many of the buyers of these fakes, once they realize they have been taken, try to unload them on more inexperienced collectors?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArizonaRareCoins said:
    He just listed another counterfeit coin in a counterfeit PCGS PR63CAM holder 1881 Trade dollar this barcode reads as 7226.45/25333029 which is an 1893-s Morgan dollar PCGS XF45:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1881-Proof-Silver-Trade-Dollar-Graded-PR63-by-PCGS/153537631565?hash=item23bf8e554d:g:fsYAAOSw2x1dDPmZ

Ray Charles could tell that ain't a Proof.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's been nuked I believe.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@MFeld said:

@lkenefic said:

True... people trying to make a buck, or as 291 said, collectors trying to offload their mistake... regardless of the circumstances, it still sucks!

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:

Certainly more education. Caveat emptor as well. However, it would be nice if some of these individuals on ebay who repeatedly/continually sell counterfeits would face consequences from law enforcement. This would require some effort on ebay's part - but ebay is not at all interested in the authenticity or honesty of its sellers. One of the too-many-to-list reasons ebay is a sewer.

• Options

Seller has listed another morgan dollar in a counterfeit PCGS holder.......he is relentless:

https://ebay.com/itm/1896-O-Morgan-Dollar-PCGS-MS-61/153542666507?hash=item23bfdb290b:g:N~MAAOSwYd1dEnBC

• Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2019 10:10AM

One of the sellers watched for these types of listings; unfortunately like "whack-a-mole" at times. eBay removed the listing.

• Options
    edited June 26, 2019 9:55AM

What makes the slab counterfeit and has PCGS been notified?

• Options

@AlexinPA said:

barcode is completely incorrect

• Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlexinPA said:

PCGS was notified.

• Options
    edited June 26, 2019 1:28PM

Thanks very much burfle23 & ArizonaRareCoins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file