Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The answer is "James Holzhauer"

Who is going to be on a trading card soon?

What set will it be? Autographs? B)
Love him or hate him, he is one of the most amazing Jeopardy players I have ever seen.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kingnascar said:
    Who is going to be on a trading card soon?

What set will it be? Autographs? B)
    Love him or hate him, he is one of the most amazing Jeopardy players I have ever seen.

Not sure about the trading card, but I'm sure he's at least thinking about a sports gambling website of some sort because as you probably know, he is a self-proclaimed professional sports gambler.

Could be some sort of gambling website affiliate commission setup of sorts, with him offering the public his game picks, when they sign up on his gambling website link.

With sports gambling becoming legal in more and more states, the sky's the limit for Holzhauer as to the amount of money he could make.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019 9:14AM

That guy was amazing. I'm not sure how many times he won but I hear it was incredible. I would catch episodes over at my mom's house after I was done cutting her yard.

I didn't know he's a gambler. James how did you do it? I'm counting cards. Vanna White's very sparkly, sparkly like a holiday and I'm definitely counting cards.

• Options

@lawnmowerman said:
    That guy was amazing. I'm not sure how many times he won but I hear it was incredible. I would catch episodes over at my mom's house after I was done cutting her yard.

I didn't know he's a gambler. James how did you do it? I'm counting cards. Vanna White's very sparkly, sparkly like a holiday and I'm definitely counting cards.

<<< I didn't know he's a gambler. >>>

Seemed to me that Alex Trebek would usually downplay this for various reasons.

James Holzhauer claimed he was a professional gambler and because the term "professional gambler" in most cases is an oxymoron, I don't think Trebek really believed him.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Logan

Not sure on the card thing but the guy was incredible and fast!

It made me think of Weird Al

I lost on Jeopardy

For those too young? It's a parody to the song by the Greg Kihn Band - "Jeopardy" - 1980s

https://youtu.be/BvUZijEuNDQ

Mike
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    Hiya Logan

Not sure on the card thing but the guy was incredible and fast!

It made me think of Weird Al

I lost on Jeopardy

For those too young? It's a parody to the song by the Greg Kihn Band - "Jeopardy" - 1980s

https://youtu.be/BvUZijEuNDQ

Hey Mike,
    I remember playing that song in my 1973 Mustang back in the day. B)
    Good Times!

See you at the National!
    Logan

• Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Well that didn't take long! :)

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

Not to take away from or insult anyone's collecting interests....Aside from friends and AG set collectors, maybe an extreme fan of the show itself, who actually wants something like that? Seriously?

I will give consideration to just about any theme collection when it makes sense, especially autographs, but maybe I am just completely missing the boat here.

I collect Dodgers stuff and especially autographs, so anyone remotely affiliated to the team in some historical regard would make me want to add their signature, and I am talking some really weird and/or questionable parallels in some cases (organist, Team Doctor, mascot, Pilot, etc) aside from the standard players, coaches, executives, owners, broadcasters, etc. so I get it to some level, but I don't get this kind of autograph at all. There are many more autographs in this issue that boggle my mind as well.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

So it's a bad thing to be a fan of an intelligent person?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

This one could work. Holzhauer was on Jeopardy. Trebek hosts Jeopardy. Trebek is a Dodgers fan.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they felt the tie in was his sports gambling career. Put his card in with a "Sports cards" issue.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I've got a few extra Holzhauer cards. I'll trade for a Ken Jennings or Charles Van Doren if anybody has them.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kingnascar said:
    Well that didn't take long! :)

Hiya Logan

Did you pull the card?

Definitely a cool card for the non-sport collectors on the social scene.

The guy was incredible to watch.

I definitely don't have that much knowledge or that quick.

Mike