Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help Needed - Stolen Autographs

I won the below 14 signed baseball first day covers recently on ebay. FedEx says they were delivered to me near San Antonio, TX, on June 10th. I never received them; so they appear to have been stolen.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who sees or hears of them turning up, would contact me immediately.

Thank you very much!

Steve

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

One thing that might be a good idea Steve?

How about called Sports Cards Plus and seeing if someone tried to sell them there?

Sorry to hear about this.

My mail guy leaves stuff at my door but behind a column so people can't see it.

Mike
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    One thing that might be a good idea Steve?

How about called Sports Cards Plus and seeing if someone tried to sell them there?

Thanks Mike; I talked to Charlie on Friday. I also called What's on Second and talked to the guy who was filling in for Bruce.

Steve

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear this. Will be on the lookout!

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Steve
    Do any of your neighbors have cameras out front that may have picked somebody up taking them from your porch? Possibly an unfamiliar vehicle?

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear about this. It's a shame that people do things like this. I agree with lawnmowerman, check too see if there are any cameras around that might have caught something suspicious.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any possibility it was delivered to a neighbor’s house by mistake? That has happened to me several times.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2019 4:11PM

Unfortunately, I live in an apartment complex, so it could have theoretically been delivered to any one of over 150 apartments. I've checked with the people who live across the stairwell from me, and they told me that they also had a package turn up missing about 1 1/2 weeks ago. They also had a package delivered to them the same day mine was, but it was not stolen. I also checked with my apartment manager, and no one has turned in any mis-delivered packages.

I'm thinking, if it wasn't taken by a FedEx employee, that it was taken by someone else in my apartment complex, probably someone who actually saw the FedEx delivery person coming/departing from my stairwell. I live on the second floor, and you can't see packages laying at my front door, from the sidewalk.

There are no cameras that would have seen it happen.

Steve

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some good graphs there. With those different addresses on the envelopes and variety of graphs, hopefully they can be tracked down if they show up for sale on the Net. Would think with those two aspects together, an identical match up would be hard to come up with. So they should be somewhat unique.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss. I will keep an eye out. I don't know about your living situation but I lived in six floor apartment building where packages were left out in the common hallway by the mailboxes. Every tenant in the building had access to them. Have you ever thought about getting a post office box? At least for hobby purchases.