Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

1339-42 Italy-Venice Grosso PCGS MS63 With Color SOLD

PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool piece, for sale here only. SOLD

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lovely. Ex-CRO, perchance?

By way of contrast, and to show yours in a favorable light, as deserved, here is the more modest ca. 1382-1400 example I had, which graded XF40.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:
    Lovely. Ex-CRO, perchance?

By way of contrast, and to show yours in a favorable light, as deserved, here is the more modest ca. 1382-1400 example I had, which graded XF40.

Thanks! Not sure about ex-CRO or not, I got it a year or two ago on ebay I think. Looks like they weren't sure which was the obverse and which the reverse!

edited June 13, 2019 11:36AM

They're often a bit arbitrary with that whole obverse-reverse thing, once you go off the beaten path a bit. ;)

I even have a TrueView with one side of the coin upside-down (though as that is an Indian-Islamic coin with no pictorial design and only "squigglies" on it, they can perhaps be forgiven for that.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure it was an Atlas coin. Very pretty! I thought about it then... thinking about it again!

My current "Box of 20"

This face right here is priceless.

It is probably similar to how my facial expression might look if I could afford to buy that coin. :)

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn’t resist!

My current "Box of 20"

@Bob13 said:
    Couldn’t resist!

Nice move. You have good taste. I'd have been there first, but for budgetary constraints.

@Bob13 said:
    Pretty sure it was an Atlas coin. Very pretty! I thought about it then... thinking about it again!

Yes, that makes sense. Atlas certainly has the eyecandy, and all their PCGS stuff TrueViewed. I do love to browse there.

• PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it was definitely from Atlas I just found my notes. In case you want to copy here is what they listed originally:

ITALIAN STATES. Venice. Bartolomeo Gradenigo. (LIII Doge, 1339-42). 1339-42 (ND) Grosso. PCGS MS63. 2.14 gm. IC - XC. Christ enthroned and facing / BA. GRADONICO. S.M. VENETI. Doge and St. Mark standing facing, holding banner between them. Biaggi 2814; Paolucci 2.

They do have some great stuff and from my experience are great people to work with too.

• CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭

This was very attractive! Congrats to the new owner.