Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB: Early Half Cents

Hi all,

I’m just getting back into collecting, which was a boyhood hobby of mine, and want to put together an accessible early half cent date set. I’m looking for liberty cap and draped bust half cents in and around the VG range.

Any advice or offers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Raw or slabbed?
    If slabbed, only PCGS or PCGS/NGC/ANACS?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    ffcoinsffcoins Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:
    Raw or slabbed?
    If slabbed, only PCGS or PCGS/NGC/ANACS?

Either is fine, but I’m looking for anywhere from $30 to $200 per, so I’m guessing raw will more likely be in that range?

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, most likely. I took a look and my dupes don't start until 1809, so just missed the cutoff
    (vf35 PCGS that I would sell just under the $200 mark, but it is a classic and not a draped bust).

Just wanted to make sure as it will help others figure it out. If I find any others I have, that may fit and are dupes, I will let you know.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    edited June 10, 2019 9:55PM

@Bochiman said:
    Yeah, most likely. I took a look and my dupes don't start until 1809, so just missed the cutoff
    (vf35 PCGS that I would sell just under the $200 mark, but it is a classic and not a draped bust).

Just wanted to make sure as it will help others figure it out. If I find any others I have, that may fit and are dupes, I will let you know.

Ah, yeah the classic heads are a project for another day. Thanks so much for keeping an eye out, though!

• Options

Ttt