Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Two year anniversary/400th post/1st giveaway contest

KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today marks two years since I finally signed up after years of lurking. I have met some really good folks through this board, both in real life and via the messages. I have had help from members on my sets that I truly appreciate, and tried to give back when I have something to offer.
So, as tradition dictates, I am holding my first giveaway, there are 6 prizes in this one, so vote early and vote often.

First, the prizes for the main round:
1st place is a new Cadillac Eldorado
2nd place is a set of steak knives
3rd place is you're fired.

The bonus round includes some shiney coins in odd holders.

Bonus 1st Place: ICG 1959-D 1c RPM-10 MS65 RD ( this is a pop 2 coin, none finer as far as I can tell)
Bonus 2nd place: NCG 1955 10c Sample (oddball, usually see 1960's dimes in sample holders)
Bonus 3rd place: PCGS 1952 1c PR64RD Rattler (this is a toughie in rattler livery)

Since it seems that the David Mamet has laid claim to the main round, so all entries will be for the bonus round only.

The rules are simple, traditional Calvinball rules shall apply:
1) Masks must be worn when making your entry. Any entry submitted when not wearing a mask will be immediately invalidated.
2) Music must be involved, either listening to or making music when making your submission is acceptable.
3) The rules are subject to change at any time, by any player for any reason.

Have fun!

The winners shall notify me which coin they won and why they won it in one weeks time.

Comments

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wearing a Mickey Mouse mask and listening to Weird Al Yankovic playing an Accordion refrain.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wearing a Richard Nixon mask and listening to Jimi Hendricks. B)

I won the Rattler cuz no one else has yet! :D

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wearing a Mask of Amontillado and I'm going to an UnSquare Dance

• Options
    lonn47lonn47 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

im wearing a mask of michael jackson and going to the thriller ratter and party,

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm acting like Jim Carrey wearing "The Mask" and listening to Yakety Yak

As said in Rat Race, there are no rules.. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2019 11:25PM

I am wearing my Jason mask listening to Queensrÿche – Operation Mindcrime

I won the 1959-D RPM 1C because hardly anyone likes ICG holders.

Thanks for the giveaway and your contributions to the forum!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wearing my dog mask listening to mrs. Smith at Norms guitars reveling in the knowledge that I won a 1959 D Lincoln RPM.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2019 5:38AM

:D

• Options

Aw shucks, half-time and only 8 entries.
    And nobody has changed the rules yet!

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KindaNewish said:

Best song wins. I'll have Hammer pick up the Caddy for me!

:)

https://youtu.be/FW2KN7Tz89s

• Options
    JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

I'll play. Me and my wife are in our Halloween costumes, I'm wearing my Bill Clinton mask and she is dressed like Monica Lewinsky. Listening to Nazareth "This Flight Tonight".

• Options
    edited June 12, 2019 6:21PM

@KindaNewish said:

New rule! Everyone who missed out on the bonus prizes would win a pack of tissue as consolation prize!

Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope (S.A.S.E) to KindaNewish along with a money order of $2 to cover packaging and handling fee .

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I'm in, and I declare the mask rule null and void.
    The music listened to while entering must be by the Grateful Dead, and
    I won the NGC sample dime because I declared it first.
    Thank You!

• Options
    JimWJimW Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going with a theme here....
    Wearing the same mask John Paul Jones wore in his 'fantasy sequence' in the Led Zep movie The Song Remains the Same.

To be consistent with the above, I am of course listening to the live version of 'No Quarter' from the aforementioned movie soundtrack (which was the song during said sequence).

There is 'no quarter' amongst the prizes...

The rest of the forum is now competing for 2nd place :)

Many Thanks to @KindaNewish

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• Options
    Eric_BabulaEric_Babula Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in. New rule - masks are a must, but "if there are no pics, it didn't happen."
    I'm wearing a Nacho Libre mask. Listening to The Dead South - "In Hell I'll Be in Good Company". Go to YouTube and watch/listen to the official video. Listen to the whole thing.....a few times. It grows on ya!
    I won the 1952 OGH PR64 Cent, because I don't currently have a Proof Cent, and because c'mon, who else has a Nacho Libre mask??? And, to quote Nacho himself, "I don't want to get paid to lose. I wanna win!"

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

The rules have changed because I don't have a mask readily available, my wife is wearing her blue wig while singing like a virgin and I'll take the rattler because I said so. Thanks for playing!

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2019 7:45PM

"Another brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd and wearing my black Masquerade mask (used LY on the Bourbon St) <3

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

Rule change! You must also include a number and color in your post.

I’m listening to the Grateful Dead and Tim Minchin’s 15 minutes of fame at the same time while wearing a blue mask because blue is the bes color.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options

Oh, if you need to include a number and color, you can see that my mask has 4 holes in the face, and is blue and red.

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019 3:20AM

NEW RULE: you must include a picture of one of your pets, any other rule before mine is void except for the music rule. I am listening to kids bop right now.

• Options

NEW RULE: No pics of pets required, if you don't have one. I don't - allergies.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on two years my friend!
    I am just here to show support, not enter contest, Here is a cool Craig Finn song~ Blankets https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aNtJYo7u4Fc

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019 8:29PM

Rule change masks are back. I'm wearing my Jim James mask and listening to Grateful Dead play "Silvio".
    Congrats on your anniversary- I like seeing your icon too- it takes me back to good memories of laugh filled Saturday nights.
    Crap I knew I was forgetting something- I won the ICG cent.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Black & 7

• Options

Newest rule! Winner of self portrait wet t-shirt contest takes all!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

New rule: There are no new rules. I won the ICG cent because nobody else followed the rules.

Time to take a closer look at the original prizes:

• Options

Results are being tabulated with the transmorgifier in a few minutes.
    Any late entries for the steal?

• Options

I have just been contacted by the judges, their decision is final.
    As noted in the first post, this contest is for the bonus round only.

3rd place (the rattler): there was a three way tie. Normal protocol would have the prize cut into three equal pieces, ( left side, right side and inside), but as a proud member of SPQR (Society for the Preservation of Quality Rattlers), it is against my oath to allow this to happen. So the judges have ruled in favor of @Eric_Babula on the strength of his score in the hammer throw.
    Congratulations, PM me to receive your participation trophy.

2nd place (NGC sample) goes to @OKCC , 'cause he's the only one who wants it. Stand proud, my friend. please accept this token for a job well done!

1st place (ICG RPM). Strong competition atop the leaderboard for this badboy. But like the green jacket at the Masters, the prize must remain in the locker room at Augusta (them's the rules, sorry).
    This years winner is @jedm. I really don't know why, but, hey, I'm not in charge of this, I just report the judges choice. Probably for his impressive interpretive dance at the opening ceremony.

PM me to receive your well deserved bling.

• Options

Wow! That's awesome, @KindaNewish ! Thank you so much for the contest! And, congratulations on your 2 year anniversary and 400th post!!! Great 1st contest, and I love your explanations of the judges' rulings!!! :smiley:

• Options

Gee whiz I'm honored.... that dance was pretty impressive... I just sorta made it up as I went along. Like this gal:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NhyM-sNuIc

• Options
    edited June 16, 2019 4:26PM

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    Congratulations on two years my friend!
    I am just here to show support, not enter contest, Here is a cool Craig Finn song~ Blankets https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aNtJYo7u4Fc

SWEET SOUND! I had never heard this stuff before. Thanks for introducing us.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

No rules followed so I guess I am fired.

• Options

Well, it only took 2 1/2 months, but the final prize has finally been claimed.

Next years giveaway will be awesome, but the same rules will apply. Be sue to vote early and often.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019 7:28PM

Remember, Rule number One - there are no rules!
    Rule number Two - no outside food. :)
    - from The Simpsons, Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp, rules read by Mick Jagger
    https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/How_I_Spent_My_Strummer_Vacation/Quotes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file