Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

FS: raw world coins

thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit to add: Does this kind of stuff sell here or am I wasting my time? Should I just start on eBay. If someone could send me a PM answering that I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I almost never sell anything. However, I am working on two sets of raw Washington quarters and, on my budget, "every penny counts". I have a small, eclectic collection of world coins that I love but, I need to fund those sets, so I figure I will try to sell some here. Maybe some of you appreciate the same qualities I look for in these types of coins. Feel free to PM me with any comments or suggestions. All shipping free within conus. Cash or USPS money orders accepted. Coins for sale will be in the post(s) below. I will be updating with more as time allows.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2019 2:14AM

1836 UK four pence (groat)
    92.5% silver
    Circulation cameo with fantastic eye appeal compared with others I have seen in hand.
    $18.

1919 Canada five cents
    This was the last year Canada made five cent coins in sterling silver. The next two years they went to 80% and after that the five cent coins were all made of nickel.
    IMO, really nice toning.
    $9.

edited June 8, 2019 1:15PM

1920 France 50 Centimes
    83.5% silver
    After this year France changed both the design and the composition (to Aluminum-Bronze)
    I like how the toning accentuates the "sowing of the seeds" on the obverse.
    $10.

1905 Canada five cents
    92.5% silver
    Nicely toned and original
    $18.

Ttt