Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Error Coin Help

Any thoughts on what would cause this? Only thing that comes to mind would be it was prestruck then struck again. Vise job and the letters would be backwards. so not that.

Chris

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am at a disadvantage since I don't know what a normal one looks like, but based on your explanation it could be an "in the collar flip over double strike".

• Options
    coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    I am at a disadvantage since I don't know what a normal one looks like, but based on your explanation it could be an "in the collar flip over double strike".

I'm sorry Since I know the series I assume others do. Here is a normal example. with the error
    Chris

• Options

Maybe @ErrorsOnCoins or @FredWeinberg might chime in, although they usually hang out on the US coin forum.

• Options
    edited June 7, 2019 6:50PM

@JBK said:
    Maybe @ErrorsOnCoins or @FredWeinberg might chime in, although they usually hang out on the US coin forum.

Yes ,I have talked with Mr. Weinberg on many occasions. He's great. I didn't want to ask on that side and get a flood of complaints. thanks for the help. What I found odd on this one is the "Of Chi" you see on one side is from the other side of the coin.

chris

• Options

@JBK said:

Actually I just found your Flip over error nickel thread from the other side that's pretty awesome.

• Options
    edited June 7, 2019 7:44PM

Yours has a similar look. If it is a flip over double struck then you will see some details from the other side, raised and correctly oriented (not backward).

• Options
    happycollectinghappycollecting Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭

Feels like a flip over double struck. :)