Home Sports Talk

Ben Zobrist - Potential Retirement

PADIdiverPADIdiver Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

With the signing of Kimbrel to the Cubs I realized that Zobrist is on a restricted list due to family matters and will likely not play this year. This was also his last year of contract and likely his last in baseball (according a report I read). It's unfortunate if he has to retire like this but I understand he needs to take care of some things and good for him in doing what he believes is right.

Sad to see him leave under these conditions but thought I'd post and say I always respected Zobrist and what he could do!

Comments

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

A key midseason pickup for the 2015 Royals championship run. A tough out, and right in the middle of several big innings throughout that postseason. He'll always be remembered fondly here in KC, as well as Chicago, and Tampa, too, I'm sure. Good player, great guy!

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great to see stories like these.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the most underrated players of the last decade. Played numerous positions, 3 all star games, won 2 WS and a WS MVP, 45 career WAR.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)