Options

10% eBay Bucks for items $25+, 8% everything else

Just got this offer this morning.

Comments

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

and here I thought they were waiting for Tuesday morning :*

• Options

Hey countdouglas, I would double-check with eBay if that offer is legitimate or not. I received an email allegedly from eBay about an hour ago saying the same thing. However, when I looked in my eBay inbox, the Bucks offer was not there. So I just chatted online with eBay (I'm a Concierge member; it's one of the benefits), and they told me that NO eBay Bucks offer was sent to me today from eBay. (Furthermore, they said that whenever you receive a legitimate Bucks offer, it will always "mirror" or also be displayed in your eBay inbox.) Thus, I assume it's a scammer that sent this message out. If you click through the message and enter your eBay username/password, somebody may be stealing that info. If you did that, I would go to eBay right away and change your password.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@KnightRider said:
    Hey countdouglas, I would double-check with eBay if that offer is legitimate or not. I received an email allegedly from eBay about an hour ago saying the same thing. However, when I looked in my eBay inbox, the Bucks offer was not there. So I just chatted online with eBay (I'm a Concierge member; it's one of the benefits), and they told me that NO eBay Bucks offer was sent to me today from eBay. (Furthermore, they said that whenever you receive a legitimate Bucks offer, it will always "mirror" or also be displayed in your eBay inbox.) Thus, I assume it's a scammer that sent this message out. If you click through the message and enter your eBay username/password, somebody may be stealing that info. If you did that, I would go to eBay right away and change your password.

It's legit. I just used it

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got an e-mail but it was only for 8%. The activate link wanted me to log in, which I don't do on my phone. Went to Ebay on my laptop, where it is always up, and it's not in my messages.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KnightRider said:

I activated the offer and the eBucks show up on my checkout page. I am also an eBay concierge member, but I don't intend to follow up with them. My purchases were going to be made regardless, so I'm not too concerned if they end up not giving me the bucks.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doug, I think your the only one who got this offer. knightrider has some good advise

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a legit promo. It sometimes takes a bit before it shows up under eBay messages folder.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Well, I'll be damned... Now the message DOES show up in my eBay inbox; it just showed up an hour after they sent me the regular email. Customer service lied to me...

In any event, good news for anyone who received it! Thanks for the confirmation, lawnmowerman.

• Options

@KnightRider said:
    Well, I'll be damned... Now the message DOES show up in my eBay inbox; it just showed up an hour after they sent me the regular email. Customer service lied to me...

In any event, good news for anyone who received it! Thanks for the confirmation, lawnmowerman.

Anytime

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KnightRider said:
    Thus, I assume it's a scammer that sent this message out.

Say what?

I just got it on the app and in my email.

Andy

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I routinely get the message in my eBay Inbox hours after the promo starts and they always backdate the message like I originally got it early in the morning. This happens because I don't close my browser at night and leave it open, usually with a tab open on eBay. Those goblins figure I'll make a purchase or two in the morning so they hold off sending me the Bucks deal. THIS HAPPENS LITERALLY WITH EVERY SINGLE EBAY BUCKS PROMO. I have to hear about it on one of the boards, close out the tab, wait about 20 minutes, then go back into eBay, then the message shows up (and again, always backdated like it arrived at 5am or midnight or some other horse malarkey).

They've boned me out of a lot of Bucks that way.

Arthur

• Options

For instance, it's not there for me right now because I've been logged into eBay since last night.

• Options

@ReggieCleveland said:
    For instance, it's not there for me right now because I've been logged into eBay since last night.

You guys actually log out of Ebay and the forums?

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Got it 👍

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

I work in IT so I make it a habit to log out of everything I'm not using. Like I said. It's a habit. It doesn't take any extra effort or thought after a while. I also automatically lock my computer every time I get up. Even at home. Even to get a drink or use the head. That's definitely overkill, but it's a habit and not a bad one to have. I probably type 20 different passwords 100 times a day.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options

@krisd3279 said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

I work in IT so I make it a habit to log out of everything I'm not using. Like I said. It's a habit. It doesn't take any extra effort or thought after a while. I also automatically lock my computer every time I get up. Even at home. Even to get a drink or use the head. That's definitely overkill, but it's a habit and not a bad one to have. I probably type 20 different passwords 100 times a day.

For my job I work from home, but on a different computer and in a different room so this one gets logged out every night and I lock it when I get up even though I'm the only one here. I mean, I'm posting from my work computer now but my personal laptop is in another room and it is always logged on. I couldn't possibly remember all my passwords and when the pre-fill gets wiped out it takes me forever to remember what they are for different websites. I should probably write them all down and keep the locked up, just in case.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 10% off auto parts. Anyone see any cards listed under auto parts? :wink:

• Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

😂

I hear ya Tim. I'm afraid to log out of anything out of fear they won't let me back in haha

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

Haha I was going to post something similar.

Andy

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

Got it , used it .

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2019 5:57AM

I never get these offers, but I don't buy often on e-bay.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

I used the wrong terminology. I don't "log out" in the sense where I have to sign back in. I just meant I had a tab open on eBay from the night before. I never close my browser is what I should have said.

Arthur

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

I got 8% and used it. Guess they know my watch list is filled but I have not been consisteny picking everything off like I used to.

John

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too