Home Q & A Forum
Options

True Numismatic Weekend Stories - hopefully to become a long running thread.

Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy reading/hearing stories about or told by famous numismatists about the way things were in the "good-old-days" (1950's - 1990's). I wish much of them could be collected and published sort of as a famous stamp dealer did in his book Nassau Street.

In the May 2019 Numismatist there is an interview with dealer Harry Foreman that was not published when he was alive. It is a great read! I apologize for not citing the interviewer here as my magazine is gone. Mr. Forman had some amusing stories and without that interview, they would have been lost. The story of the first time Mr. Forman met Amon Carter is classic. I could not do it justice by trying to relate it here. Perhaps I'll try later.

Tom Delorey is one of my favorite posters as he often writes the behind the scenes stories about coins we would never know. There are a few others too.

I'm begging all the old timers here to PLEASE TELL US A TRUE STORY from your past dealings. Hopefully, you'll have time on the weekends. DON'T BE MODEST! I'll have a few at some point.

Comments