Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

+ grades haven't been showing in the 45-58 Pop reports in awhile.

amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good! IMO, "+" grades should be rarely given. otherwise it is just another grade.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    Good! IMO, "+" grades should be rarely given. otherwise it is just another grade.

I agree. But if they have given them, they should report them. That's a different issue.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use the pop report much. I can usually get what I want from Coinfacts.

But when I look at CBH's and expand a line item to see varieties it appears that the + grades are reported (circled in red below). Is it not like this with other series?
    Lance.

• Options
    edited May 31, 2019 4:27PM

They used to have there own line. Kindda hard to find a new + that was graded if you have to click on every date! Yeah, a new 58+ just hit the Barber Pops after a long,long time.

@lkeigwin said:
    I don't use the pop report much. I can usually get what I want from Coinfacts.

But when I look at CBH's and expand a line item to see varieties it appears that the + grades are reported (circled in red below). Is it not like this with other series?
    Lance.

• Options

Thought I would also point out that the populations are incorrect as the + grades are not tallied together with non +'s. As an example there are 5 1897-O Barber Half's in AU58 and 2 in AU58+ for a total of 7 AU 58's. The POP Report as it is now shows the 58 POP at 5.

I also checked and there is no way I know of to see the 58+ Population.

• Options

Bump for @HeatherBoyd

• Options

My Bad! The + grades are showing again! Thanks!

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

Over the past 12 months, only 2.13% of all coins graded received a plus grade.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file