Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1994 Topps Finest Griffey Jr Refractor PSA 10

Just got my grade and was shocked it got a 10.

Was looking at APR and first and only sold in 2017 for $500ish.

Any guesses on what it would go for if I sent it to PWCC? Or should I sell it myself? What would you list it for?

Any and all thoughts appreciated...and go! TIA

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

A PSA 8 sold for $325 recently, asking for 9s is $550 and up. I haven't checked the pop, but would have to guess it would bring over $1k.

I'd probably list it for a bit under $2k and see what offers come in.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JewVol said:

Any guesses on what it would go for if I sent it to PWCC? Or should I sell it myself? What would you list it for?

I would have serious reservations sending any cards into PWCC.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• JewVolJewVol Posts: 110 ✭✭

@craig44 said:

@JewVol said:

Why?

If you check out any of the popular message boards you will see many many many threads about PWCC and their business practices. I would not want any of my "assets" among their holdings.

@craig44 said:
    If you check out any of the popular message boards you will see many many many threads about PWCC and their business practices. I would not want any of my "assets" among their holdings.

Im talking about from the perspective of me consigning my card to them. I haven't read anything that suggests they steal people's cards. Have you?

As far as me getting the most money for my card which of their "scandals" should affect that?

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd have to agree with LarkinCollector, I'd list it for a bit under $2k and see what happens from there.

edited May 31, 2019 8:18AM

@JewVol said:

@craig44 said:

Im talking about from the perspective of me consigning my card to them. I haven't read anything that suggests they steal people's cards. Have you?

As far as me getting the most money for my card which of their "scandals" should affect that?

I am not talking about them stealing your cards, although Lawyer05 mentioned in the PWCC blocked me thread that they refused to send back a card he had submitted in error.

what i am talking about is if PWCC was ever visited by one of our governments investigatory agencies, all of the "assets" in PWCC's possession may just end up in a evidence locker somewhere for a very long time. I for one am not willing to take that risk.

Integrity is important to me. It would appear that PWCC may not value it as much as me and others. I would rather not do business with a company who does not value integrity whether or not they could get me the most money for my cards.

it does appear, at least anecdotally, that PWCC's clientele may be shrinking as many posters have publicly pulled their support so it is possible you may not get the payoff you expect.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the 10! I bet that is an amazing card...

@NGS428 said:

I bought one pack at a flea market in the mid 90s. Pulled it! Was pumped. Put it in a screw down case and kinda forgot I had it. Fastforward 25 years and Im searching my dads garage for my birth certificate and I find it. I thought this could get a 9 I should grade it. It popped a few days ago as a 10! So pumped. Will post pics when I get it early this week.

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@JewVol said:

This

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@JewVol said:

@NGS428 said:

I bought one pack at a flea market in the mid 90s. Pulled it! Was pumped. Put it in a screw down case and kinda forgot I had it. Fastforward 25 years and Im searching my dads garage for my birth certificate and I find it. I thought this could get a 9 I should grade it. It popped a few days ago as a 10! So pumped. Will post pics when I get it early this week.

So did you find your birth certificate?

@lawnmowerman said:

@JewVol said:

@NGS428 said:

Yup and a beat up Eckersley RC and a bunch of Griffey Jr wheatie boxes and starting lineup figurines. Was a good day!

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@JewVol said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@JewVol said:

@NGS428 said:

Yup and a beat up Eckersley RC and a bunch of Griffey Jr wheatie boxes and starting lineup figurines. Was a good day!

Awesomeness haha

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JewVol said:

@craig44 said:

It’s simple. Scandals = boycotts. Thousands of collectors like me will never look at a PWCC listing again. And even if I was a Griffey collector who stumbled upon it and “needed” your card, I would still pass. The number of views/bids you would get by consigning with them is shrinking by the day.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2019 5:49AM

Since it's just 1 card, throw it on Ebay yourself. You would have the only 1 for sale and take good pics. Like previously stated, throw 2 grand or so with best offer and sit back and see what happens.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are the last few that sold as per VCP.

11/14/18 eBay Image pwcc_auctions 33 17 $809.00
    11/4/18 eBay Image ryanjweber o
    e 30 $760.00
    3/19/17 eBay Image pwcc_auctions sk 19 $512.80
    6/22/16 eBay Image jczyz006 j
    1 BIN $589.99

• BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

I’ve sold a lot of stuff through PWCC in the past few years and have been very happy with the results, but I’m done buying and selling through them, and I’m not the only one with that sentiment. Take that for what it’s worth.

• brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

As others have said sell the card yourself on eBay. No need to cosign a single card that in this grade is gonna be the only one up for sale. Start with a high buy it now pricepoint and take best offers.

• _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

Please post scans of your birth certificate.

• AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

@JewVol said:

@NGS428 said:

25 years encased. You see that - screw downs arent as bad as everyone says :smiley:

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

EagleEyeKid said:
    Please post scans of your birth certificate.

Before AND after scans please.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    You can sell a card in the 1-2k range cheaper yourself and I don't think IMO you will get less for a card of that "talent" than in a PWCC auction.... I would sell it yourself IMO.....either a starting bid in 800-900 range or a Best offer from 2k. Im always blown away when I get a PSA 10 that shocks me....its a great feeling congrats.!

Agreed!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@Albertdidit said:

@JewVol said:

@NGS428 said:

25 years encased. You see that - screw downs arent as bad as everyone says :smiley:

And no penny sleeve either!

• _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

@JewVol said:

@Albertdidit said:

@JewVol said:

@NGS428 said:

And no penny sleeve either!

You're a rebel just for kicks now.