Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1986-87 Fleer Basketball Packs Question

As many of you on the board who knew my father are aware, he had a quite extensive unopened box/pack collection, the majority of which was sold to BBCE a few years ago. However, while sorting through some of his collection that he kept, I found these 2 unopened 1986-87 Fleer basketball packs tucked away with his graded set. I'm not sure why he kept these 2 packs in particular, but I was hoping those with knowledge of the set could take a quick look at the photos below and let me know if you see any red flags that would make you think the packs have any resealing issues. Thanks in advance!

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.

Comments

• Options
    Desert_Ice_SportsDesert_Ice_Sports Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

Definitely resealed... Please send them to me immediately, so I can properly dispose of them. :)

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭

Ha! Thanks :-)

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you tell who is on the front and back of the packs? Might give an indication of WHY he kept them.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2019 4:56PM

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Can you tell who is on the front and back of the packs? Might give an indication of WHY he kept them.

Thanks - that may be it, although I don't think they have the right sequence. One has Drexler on the front, but I can't make out the sticker on the back. The other has Malone on the front, and it looks like an Isiah sticker on the back.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Two good packs with 2 RC's of HOF'ers. Maybe that is why? They do show evidence of being opened. The breaks on the wax(white) on the corners and looks like the normal triangle shape is not there on the corners. Not saying they have been opened.

• Options

Thanks guys. I was unsure about the packs to be honest, but seeing that its Drexler and Malone, I have a feeling that's why he saved them. That isn't to say they were resealed and my father never knew or realized. I frankly don't know, but at least I see a reason why he saved them and had them tucked in with his set.

• Options
    momo1234momo1234 Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

my guess is he just liked GUM and was hoping for a good flavor.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jon I am sorry to hear about the passing of your father. I recall dealing with him for some 1984 Donruss wax boxes and he was very pleasant and even spoke on the great time he had on a recent cruise.