Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Lesson learned from using ebay's "variation" listings

I have recently taken advantage of ebay's "variation" listings to list singles for certain sets. For example, here is one for 1955 Topps: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264335982403.

For those unfamiliar with these listings, once an item from your list "sells", it updated as "out of stock".

HOWEVER, I recently cancelled a listing and re-listed it (taking advantage of ebay's 500 free listings), and I was surprised that the listing "reset" to it's original form (i.e. all sold items were no longer listed as "out-of-stock"). Luckily, I learned this on a listing where I had another card available from my personal set to replace the one I no longer had.

What I do not know yet is what will happen if you let a listing such as this "automatically" renew after 1 month with ebay's new "good until cancelled" policy. If it resets in this case, aye caramba.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it automatically renews, I'm just afraid it might enter......

• flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing Tom. I gotta think the auto re-list would only list the items that are still in stock as you canceled (all out of stock) and then manually re-listed all of them (all in stock).

As an aside, I have been thinking of doing something similar to sell off some dupes but have wondered if it is better to market each card in its own listing with its own marketing. It definitely makes the listing tidy and provides a one stop shop to those building the set - the 55 set in your links case.

Good luck and continued success to you Sir!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store