Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

How to determine if a bat with 22 signatures is worth authentication before trying to sell?

I have never had anything authenticated and I am wondering about folks' opinion on the subject of trying to sell the bat outright online vs having the autographs authenticated; as well as potential value of a Big Stick bat with 22 signatures. I don't know if I should send the bat in to PSA or just try to sell it on Ebay or here (if there is a place to do that?) without authenticating the autographs. The bat has 22 autographs from the Dodger team members from what I think is the year 2002, to include various coaches. I have only been able to decipher a few signatures: Paul Lo Duca, Jack Clark, Jim Riggleman, Dave Hanson, Matt Hughes, Glenn Hoffman. I think some of the other names may possibly be Kevin Brown, Eric Gagne, Hideo Nomo, Dave Roberts, Eric Karros, Adrian Beltre, Alex Cora, Kazuhisa Ishii, Cesar Izturis, Shawn Green and obviously a few others. The Bat is a Rawlings Professional Model Big Stick. How does a person know if the bat is worth having the autographs authenticated and, would that process for a bat with 22 signatures be super expensive and/or worth doing? I would love some perspective and opinion if anyone could please weigh in on how expensive this might be, if the expense is likely to yield a good return (if all is authenticated) and the possible value of things like this. I do realize that this would not be an exact science as we don't even know which autographs are on the bat, but if folks could provide some insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

I don't see any big names mentioned & or a World Series Championship team. I don't see how you would gain value getting it authenticated because of those 2 things.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    SpootSpoot Posts: 7

Thank you very much!