Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Authentication and value of 2002 Dodgers Autographed Baseball Bat

I have never had anything authenticated and I am in need of authenticating the bat and signatures of a bat I bought on Ebay back in 2002. The bat has 22 signatures from the team during that year, to include various coaches. I have only been able to decipher a few signatures: Paul Lo Duca, Jack Clark, Jim Riggleman, Dave Hanson, Matt Huges, Glenn Hoffman. I think some of the other names may possibly be Kevin Brown, Eric Gagne, Hideo Nomo, Dave Roberts, Eric Karros, Adrian Beltre, Alex Cora, Kazuhisa Ishi, Cezar Izturis, Shawn Green and obviously a few others. The Bat is a Rawlings Professional Model Big Stick. I don't quite know how to go about having this bat authenticated or rather, the signatures authenticated and also determined the value. I understand I can send the bat in, but I am not sure how to go about having all of the signatures determined and authenticated, as well as the value determined. I am a bit confused about the process and also, how to determine if the cost of this process would be worth the authentication and determination of value, if PSA even does the later. Please provide some feedback and/or if I should post this somewhere else.

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why authenticate? I would guess that the cost to authenticate would be close to the value of the bat.

Unless there's something special about it? Dodgers did not win WS that year.

Is it a stock bat or a player's model?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Thank you. What might the cost range be to have it authenticated? I am not sure of the difference between a stock bat and a players model? It says Big Stick Professional Model Rawlings Adirondack on it. Thanks again.