Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A little heads up regarding eBay's free listing promo

I posted this in another thread, but it may get buried there, and I wanted to make sure this got to as many eyeballs as possible because it could end up being a big kick in the wallet.

eBay has a promo (i'm pretty sure it's for everyone) from 5/25 to 5/29 for 500 free fixed price or auction style listings. They hardly ever do 500; from my experience it's usually only 50 or 100. It feels like they're hoping that the small seller who used to wait for these specials and then let them die after 30 days will jump at the chance to add so many listings.

Be very careful if you take advantage of this special as you will have to be diligent in remembering to cancel them all before they relist.

500 X $0.35 = $175

Comments

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 6:58AM

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

How did you get the offer? Email?

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:

It's at the bottom of my "my ebay" page. It's in the same place where they show you how many of the free 50 listing you've used each month.

• Options
    Walt_AltmenWalt_Altmen Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

Or one could just sign up for a store.

Cheaper, easier, fees are capped and dont have to watch your own back.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the 500 free listings offer almost every month. Got it a couple weeks ago but didn't use it. Didn't get it this time which is fine as I still have about 400 listings left from my store subscription. As Walt said, signing up for a store is cheaper and easier. Has really made things easier and cheaper.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walt_Altmen said:

One could, or one could not, or one can't. My post is for the ones that could not or can't.

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

I am pretty sure Good til canceled is for fixed price, when the auctions end they don’t, or haven’t for me, automatically relist.

• Options
    Walt_AltmenWalt_Altmen Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2019 6:44PM

@nam812 said:

@Walt_Altmen said:

One could, or one could not, or one can't. My post is for the ones that could not or can't.

Anyone can sign up for a store. It’s not an exclusive club or anything.

But to your defense, anyone could choose or choose not to report income made from sites like ebay or sportlots though. o:)

• Options

@nam812 said:

@ElvisP said:

It's at the bottom of my "my ebay" page. It's in the same place where they show you how many of the free 50 listing you've used each month.

Thanks. I didn't find it at the bottom of "my ebay" page but found it at the bottom of the "selling" page. Only one I saw was the 50 listings so I guess I didn't/don't get it. How much is does an ebay store cost? Can you use the free listings from your store for auction items or just BIN?

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:

@nam812 said:

@ElvisP said:

Thanks. I didn't find it at the bottom of "my ebay" page but found it at the bottom of the "selling" page. Only one I saw was the 50 listings so I guess I didn't/don't get it. How much is does an ebay store cost? Can you use the free listings from your store for auction items or just BIN?

I personally have a lower end store where I get 250 auction and 250 fixed price listings per month. Again, I seem to always get promotions for more so this is well over what I need. I think it is maybe $27 a month but it also caps the selling fees which is nice.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

Thanks much!