Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Rare occasion these days when I add a STEVE FRANCIS card to my personal collection.... 90's

KingBenKingBen Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

My Steve Francis personal collection consists of mostly his rookie year cards - 1999-00. This is one I have never seen before this, but whats better is it is his jersey number 3! This is the rarest card in the whole Finest set, and non serial numbered lower. So this card pretty much is the best of the best for Francis as it is serial #'d. Anyway, very excited to add this hidden gem! :)

Needless to say, I will now be able to complete his whole "rainbow" for this entire set, including cards from every set in the 1999-00 Finest release, as I already have the other rare refractors /100, /150, /200, and /300. How cool is that! Oh the simple hobby pleasures. All I need now is the BASE rookie card :smiley:

Happy collecting!

COLLECTING: 2020 Topps 206 ⚾️

facebook.com/groups/Topps206

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

SWEET!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it. Beautiful. This is why I love this hobby so much.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I love it. Beautiful. This is why I love this hobby so much.

I LOVE this hobby! Doesn't matter how long we have to wait for a card, or discover cards we didn't even know existed. I wasn't doing a rainbow for this brand/year, but now that I have the rarest one, why not! And thank you!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

stevie franchise!!!

• Options

@Rttrffg2012 said:
    Just crazy.
    I remember this stuff like yesterday and all these guys have been out of the league for years and years.

Absolutely! Feels like just yesterday for me, too. Time is not polite at all... smh I remember frequenting card shops back then, and people were going nuts for this rookie class. Those were some fun times for the hobby, we had just gotten our first taste of rookie autographed cards! With just the year before experiencing the unthinkable... serial numbered rookie cards! Unheard of back then. Such exciting times back then, and its still fun collecting these old sets/players. To me, they're still $10,000 cards :D lol can you imagine the poor guy who bought a BGS gem 10 of Darius Miles Gold version rookie card of his Spx/25 for $12,000.00?!?!?!?! Madness!!!!! lol So yeah, just like the first jersey set, the 1997-98 UD Game Jerseys, I think the first serial numbered rookies and first auto rookies will always be a special thing in the hobby. Along with those crazy cool old issues of Beckett magazine that documented the madness month after month. I still enjoy reading those old issues. Anyway, yeah, you brought me back to some good times. Thats the beauty of collecting, those times never have to end :)