Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Selling Before or After the National

As we get closer to the National does the board think that prices in auctions tend to be higher/lower/the same when approaching the National.

PackManInNC

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve never thought about it, but it seems logical that collectors are frugal leading up to the National and broke right after it.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely lower during, and a bit after. I haven't noticed much difference in the lead up, but YMMV.

• Options
    Desert_Ice_SportsDesert_Ice_Sports Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

In my experience, prices are highest in the month or two leading up to the National... During that time, dealers who'll be set up there are buying like crazy, wanting to have as much inventory as possible on their tables, even if it means a lighter profit margin than they'd usually want.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:
    In my experience, prices are highest in the month or two leading up to the National... During that time, dealers who'll be set up there are buying like crazy, wanting to have as much inventory as possible on their tables, even if it means a lighter profit margin than they'd usually want.

For quality items, this has been my experience as well.

------
    stupid print dots