Home Q & A Forum
Options

Value added to gold eagle or buffalo

eddie1943eddie1943 Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited May 21, 2019 12:07PM in Q & A Forum

How much value does a PCGS MS70 FDOI or First Strike slab add to the value of a one ounce Gold American Eagle or Buffalo coin?

I'm 75 years old, so there is nothing new about me.

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess you'll need a percent. I don't know the answer but I do know this, if you need to sell because you need the money there may not be any added value at all!! :(

• Options
    eddie1943eddie1943 Posts: 36 ✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    I guess you'll need a percent. I don't know the answer but I do know this, if you need to sell because you need the money there may not be any added value at all!! :(

I bought these lately with spot price in mind. Thought the slab might give an advantage in selling based on improved counterfeit protection. Got them at close to a MS69 price. Never sell because you need to money.

I'm 75 years old, so there is nothing new about me.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@eddie1943 said:
    How much value does a PCGS MS70 FDOI or First Strike slab add to the value of a one ounce Gold American Eagle or Buffalo coin?

Everyone wants a perfect coin but AGEs and Buffs are bullion.

In general, MS70’s have a premium above spot for registry players (regardless if it’s FS/FDOI).

Check the latest sold/completed sales on GC, HA, and Bay for the current $ premiums being paid to get the latest values.