Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FS: Nicely toned CAC Bust Dollar - 1802/1 Overdate

RABRAB Posts: 132 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 23, 2019 4:40PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Hi! I recently acquired a new bust dollar for my typeset and need to sell my old one :) Please see pics below...

The price includes domestic shipping, and payment may be made via Paypal or check (in which case I will ship once funds clear).

I have completed a number of successful transactions and can provide references if needed.

Also for sale on eBay (https://ebay.to/2ElrwmO), but much less here.

Questions and comments are welcome!

1802/1 $1 PCGS XF40 CAC - SOLD

Ex CRO, where it was described as "A crusty, all original early dollar with colorful old toning on the obverse and reverse."

The photos are my own and I feel give a fairly accurate representation of the coin in hand. There is remaining luster in the protected areas of the obverse, more so on the reverse, and the colors come alive as you rotate the coin in the light. The PCGS TrueView does a nice job of depicting these. Also, as seen in the TrueView but somewhat obscured by the holder gasket, please note the two rim bumps on the obverse at 5 and 7 o'clock. Notwithstanding, the eye appeal of this coin is incredible!

From a fairly scarce mintage of only 41,650. Though not attributed on the holder, I believe this is the BB-232 Close Date variety.

PCGS Coin Facts shows no record of any CAC verified XF40 examples of this overdate selling at auction. If you include both the narrow and wide date varieties, CAC has approved 43 TOTAL in all grades and only 3 in XF40.

Comments