Home Q & A Forum
Options

E-Bay Question

dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

I purchased a Marianas ATB 5 OZ silver round from Bold Precious Metals. Over 5,000 positive transactions. Was priced well below mint cost and also got 10% eBay bucks. Noticed the ship date of JULY3-9. Since this date is well after the 30 days to file a claim... what if I never get this. Do I have recourse after this date?

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a presale. Not sure how it works with ebay it until they ship I don't consider it to be a completed transition, whether I was dealing with Ebay, PP, or credit card co.

Just curious...below mint cost? Presumably this was the bullion version, so there is no "mint cost" for individuals since we can't buy them from the mint.

With 10% bucks must have been a good deal in any case.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based upon the Bay’s statement, you’d be covered by “estimated delivery date.”

“If your item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay. Find the item in your purchase history and select "return" or "item not received" within 30 days of delivery (or estimated delivery date.)”

Still a fairly late ship date considering the Mint has them available, now.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-memorial-park-2019-uncirculated-five-ounce-silver-coin-19AK.html?cgid=2019-product-schedule

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

your not suppose to go beyond 30 days on a pre sale, but some sellers do anyway. if you used a credit card to purchase, you can do a charge back for up to 90 days after purchase

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Yes they are available from the mint. Sale cost was $45 below mint. Quite a few sold. Not sure why the delay in a product available from the mint now.